Monitor Resolution Problem ( Help!!! )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolath

Help!!!

I tried changing a few of my monitor settings, in the ATI 9600 graphic settings, and changed the max resolution to 1280 by sumthin, without realising my monitor can only go up to 1024 by 768 and now all it does is the lights flash and the screen is just black! Usually it flashes for a few seconds then gos back to the default and its all alrite but I've changed it in the graphic monitor settings and now its just blank screen and the lights are flashing! I hear everything in the background but all the lights on my monitor are just flashing and the screen is blank, like it usually does when it can't handle it! I've reset my pc, disconnected everything, but nothing works! My pc starts and everything and its fine except my monitor lights are just flashing and the screen is blank and now I can't obviously go in and change back the settings coz I can't see anything!
HELP!

- Please use explicit titles
Didou

Ok, what you can do is a get another monitor that can support your resolution that you set it to, or just about any resolution, like a CRT (or those big fat 'normal' ones) and plug that into your computer. Turn it on, put the resolution back to what you had it, then shutdown. Reconnect your other screen, you're all set!

This has happened to me before. I hated it. That's the way I fixed it.

If you have a friend who has one, or a family member, or someone you know, borrow it. And plus, how are you reading my messages now? You must have another monitor, dont you?

Just a few suggestions on getting help.
1)Make the title of your thread something more descriptive than HELP!!! This will get a lot more attention and get your problem solved quicker.
2)Don't type in all caps, it is annoying and usually just turns people away, resulting in less help once again.

Originally posted by FeTaLDaMagE
Hit f8 on a restart then goto safe mode start, change resolution then reboot...

When going into safe mode, and changing it there, I don't think it's possible. I believe if you change the resolution in safe mode, it's for safe mode only, I think. Because safe mode uses lower resolutions and cuts off many of the applications and drivers full potential. I believe if you change it in safe mode, it will not apply to normal mode. However, give it a shot.

Go into safe mode, uninstall the ATI drivers and go to the default VGA drivers.
Reboot into normal XP, re-install the ATI drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back