Monitor/system crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Dodgy

Hi, my PC is brand new with good hardware and have been having slight problems with games. Sometimes I'll be playing a game and the screen goes blank. It says here is no signal, although the computer is still on. I have to manually turn of the computer to get back to windows, as Alt-Tab/Alt-Ctrl-Del dosent work. Heres some Specs if it helps

AMD 64 Athlon 3400+
ATI Radeon X800 XT 256 MB
1024 MB DDR RAM

I like to run my games on all the maximum graphics settings, so could the video card be over heating?

Also if it helps, sometimes my USB ADSL Modem crashes with the blank screen and needs to be unplugged and re-entered before it works again.

Any help would be great, DJ.

If you haven't yet, let's start with the simple stuff. Tighten the screws on the vga cable connected to the video connector on your ATI card.

If that doesn't help, try re-seating the video card - However, since you say your system is new, this could void the warranty.

Update

Ok Ive tighted the screws, and then I noticed I have 2 output connections from the video card. One is blue, the other longer white color with more pins. I had been using the white one with a small adapter. Is there any difference between the 2?

DJ.

From what you describe, I believe you have been connecting to the DVI port with a DVI/VGA adapter. That should ordinarily not be an issue. However, since you seem to have a VGA not Digital display, you might try connecting the monitor cable directly to the other port and testing that configuration.

Another update

Ok heres some more info on my problem. When my comp crashes, I tried unplugging the monitor with the power still on and reconnecting but it didnt work.

Therefore its defeinatley my computer. Has anyone else experienced this? I hope its a problem that can be solved...

I dont want to touch anything in my computer as I wouldnt know where to start. It can happen at any time even offline gaming.

Please, any help would be great, DJ.

Take your computer back, and have it looked at under the terms of the warranty.

Obviously something isn`t working properly.

Regards Howard ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back