Monitor will not light up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars Metro

Can anyone tell me why my monitor will not come on until I first unplug it behind the monitor? It then lights up if I do that....

Is the computer up and running when you unplug the monitor? The monitor doesn't come on when the computer is started?

Yes the computer is up and running, but the monitor is dark. But if I unplug the monitor and then replug it, like I said, it then lights up...Also, the monitor LED is lit, but if you press the on off button again it will not light up.

Has this just started happening, or has it aways happend with this monitor?

Go right-click on an empty part of you desktop. Select Settings, and tell me what the video settings are. The adapter refresh rate should be 60HZ

OK...I found the problem....I was using the "Energy Star" power saver mode instead of the "Home Computer Mode." According to the HP" article: "The Monitor is Blank after Starting the Computer," that was one of the suggestions they listed amoung a few others having to do with upgrading the "BIOS," or your video card.....If you use the "Energy Star Mode" your computer monitor will take more than 2 minutes to light up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back