Motherboard dead (I think) but no error code!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

Hello,

Over the last year i've gotten through 4 power supplys. Every now and again the computer would turn on but not do anything (blank screen).

I know this is a power supply issue so I changed the power supply. I happend again yesterday, so i replaced the power supply again.

But this time for some reason, the computer wont turn on (blank screen, no beeps). So changing the power supply didnt affect anyhting...

Am I right in thinking the mobo is dead?

The power supplys I have tried:

Hiper Type R 480W
OCZ Modstream 480W
Thermaltake 420W
Antec Power 2.0 480W (current PSU)

P.S= I also bought a UPS to stop my power supplies breaking every couple of months.\

Thanks, Alex.

It does sound like a dead mobo I`m afraid.

That`s an awful lot of psu`s to get through. Obviously something`s not right.

Regards Howard :)

Power Supply

Hello,

It is a lot of power supplies isnt it? Anyway, the problem should be solved as I now have a Belkin UPS.

Maybe an insurance claim is needed...

Thanks, Alex.

have you tired jump testing the motherboard?

unplug everything and remove it from the case. once you have done this plug the power supply, monitor and mouse and keyboard back in. use a scredriver tip to join the two connectors on the front panel where the start swicth normally goes. this will alloow you to acces the bios only but will give you a chance to see if the board works or not and at what settings. another thing could be your not buying a power supply powerful enough for your board
any problems e-mail us at enquiries@ipex-computing.co.uk

cheers james

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back