Motherboard Monitor 5.107,

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormBringer

Mbm 5

I recently installed Motherboard Monitor 5.107, but decided I didn't want to use it anymore, the problem is that I can't get rid of it. I tried to uninstall it and it gives me the error "Can't open Install.log" I tried to remove it manually and remove all associated files but I couldn't boot up so I had to go in through safe mode and reinstall it. Can anyone shed any light on this and tell me how to remove this thing?

Re: Mbm 5

Originally posted by StormBringer
I recently installed Motherboard Monitor 5.107, but decided I didn't want to use it anymore, the problem is that I can't get rid of it. I tried to uninstall it and it gives me the error "Can't open Install.log" I tried to remove it manually and remove all associated files but I couldn't boot up so I had to go in through safe mode and reinstall it. Can anyone shed any light on this and tell me how to remove this thing?

Try deleting the physical files and registry settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE that may be associated with the program.

Then, before you restart, reinstall it again. This might repair your install.log so you can uninstall it the way it was meant to be.

Sometimes applications create installation log files into TEMP directory (don't ask me why). It's supposed to be for temporary files, not for install logs.. So if that directory is emptied manually or by some tweak application, logs are gone and applications won't uninstall correctly. I'm not sure if this is the case with MBM, though. You could also mail MBM's creator about this, hopefully it'll be fixed in the future.

Re: Re: Mbm 5

Originally posted by Rick

Try deleting the physical files and registry settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE that may be associated with the program.

Then, before you restart, reinstall it again. This might repair your install.log so you can uninstall it the way it was meant to be.

Already tried that.

also tried mailing the creator, no reply yet, it's been over a week.

Temp folder

LOL thats a joke 60mbs takern for what? Maybe Win *** will be able to figure out that TEMP means temporary, as in DELETE after install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back