Motherboard not in system information?

tizerist

Hi all.
I have an ongoing issue which has come to a head.
I have had BSOD's recently, and while removing my sound card as a test, I checked this section of control panel, it does not display my mobo.

prob-1.jpg

My motherboard is an Asus P5NT-WS SLI, NF680i SLI, 775
Is it definitely supposed to show up here, or is this normal?

I cannot run my motherboards DVD to attempt a fix, even when I physically swap to a new DVD drive. This happens with only a small handful of disks, most importantly my 2 most crucial ones: motherboard and OS. Disks load fine on mums computer though.
Also, having moved to on-board sound temporarily, it is pitifully low.

I am thinking of attempting a bios flash, but am a bit nervous.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    35.9 KB · Views: 3
Dont worry about the motherboard not showing up in system info. If the PC is running fine, it doesnt matter.

As for the quiet sound and the DVD Drive not reading the disks, you could try downloading the latest drivers for your motherboards chipset and on board sound online. That may fix the disk reading problems and the low sound. Its possible though that the 2 DVD Drives you used dont read those types of disks very well.

Edit: Dont do a bios flash. Its risky and you dont need to. I just noticed you said you are getting BSOD's. When have you been getting the BSOD's? If they are happening while gaming, the system could be overheating. Try cleaning out some dust. I highly doubt the motherboard not showing up in system info has anything to do with the BSOD's.

Back