TechSpot

Mouse driver needed

By ACLu
Jan 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I was trying to instal a mouse, but theres some trouble. type the path where file is located "mouhid sys"-xp cd rom - I dont have the cd, does that prevent me from installing a mouse? device instance ID # HID\VID_046D&PID_C043\7&2C26606&0&0000 - will this ID be enough to locate the driver? thank you

oh yeah, the model is- MX320 Logitech laser mouse I gave the ID, what is "mouhid sys"? it seems to be missing. I havent got the cd

2. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

3. ACLu

ACLu TS Rookie Topic Starter

I almost had it Whats zip file open with

the download worked fine until i had to open the (mouid.sys) zip file, I lost the location of the file before i could open it. what did you suggest to use to open the zip file download. and should i download it again since i lost it.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,897   +337

Windows XP and later Windows versions come with a zip opening utility. Right click on the zip file to use it.

5. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Just download it again, save it to the desktop, then open it using Windows like Mailpup said. Can't be more simple.

6. WinXPert

WinXPert TS Guru Posts: 445

or you can search your hdd, start with the downloads folder

7. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,016   +51

Lost .zip file?

In your search bar, type *.zip and that will give you a list of .zip files, so you can look through them to find the 'lost' one.