TechSpot

Mouse making noises. But in the computer

By D@nny
Apr 7, 2006
  1. When I like move the scroll bar to the side of this webpage or any other or move my scroll button in the middle of my mouse by rolling it I hear this almost crickety kind sound coming from my computer. Im afraid theres some falty wiring or something. Any ideas.Maybe i pushed a wire when i struggled to take out my old video card or something?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Use Volume Control in the System Tray and MUTE all sounds, to see if it comes through your soundcard.
    Also go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and see if there is an event in there that is associated with your particular sound.

3. D@nny

D@nny TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 176

alright i will try this and reply back to it. I tried getting close to the computer and hearing it during a game but no sound. lets see....

4. D@nny

D@nny TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 176

the problem just disapeared in mute and without i can no logner hear the noise with the mouse. With my case open like it has been though I do hear like a working noise everytime i scroll through one of the options in all programs or click a start up icon to open it. This is probaly normal right and i'v just never really heard it before a because my case was closed or b wasn't really paying attention

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.