Mozilla CEO steps down to pursue something more commercial

By Rick
Apr 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Gary Kovacs intends to step down from his post as Mozilla's CEO, the foundation's blog reveals. Kovacs is just one of a number of leadership changes being made at Mozilla as it begins "gearing up for the next chapter" --...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Now maybe the rapid version release cycle will stop.
    Burty117 and psycros like this.
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I really hope so. More "Commercial" doesnt necessarily mean more money. I never liked this guy.
  4. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,295   +663

Ha! Beat me to it. 20.x seems to finally have squared away most of the bugs that were introduced during the v15-16 period..maybe we could just build on that for a while and only put out full versions that have truly significant changes? Oh, and if they could stop breaking half the FF plugins every other version and removing useful features from fresh installs, yeah..that'd be great. FF is the only desktop browser that meets my needs so I certainly hope they don't start neglecting it to chase after the uber-crowded mobile market.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

That is the problem with the fast cycle. Chrome does it right. The extensions still function perfectly after each version. Firefox should really be at version 5 or 6 if they stuck with the old release cycle. That is why they are losing crouds. People think Chrome is too commercialized and is not safe, while people think FF has lost its integrity. This leads them to move to IE. This is clearly shown in the latest info about browser usage.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Haha, thats funny! lol
  7. At V 20 FF has really hit the sweet spot: fast booting, loading, surfing. The upgrade to 20.0.1 tweaks FF to even greater heights.