TechSpot

Mozilla releases last version of Firefox 3.0

By Jos
Mar 31, 2010
  1. Less than two years after its launch, Mozilla has marked the end of the road for the 3.0.x branch of Firefox with one last security update patching several vulnerabilities. Among the fixes in Firefox 3.0.19 are five that Mozilla identifies as being "critical," four of which it also fixed in Firefox 3.6.2, and another one considered "high" risk.

Read the whole story

2. megrawab

megrawab TS Rookie Posts: 93

I've been a witness on the crashing issues with Firefox so I switched to Chrome... I wonder what's next for version 4...

3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

While testing chrome on a netbook; i have similar crashing or hangup issues, however, on my desktop it didn't, therefore, I don't see anything specific to a browser in this; they all just need to keep improving thats about it. By the way FF is my primary browser, I also use Opera and IE alongside it almost on daily basis.

4. For any site that uses custom cursors, the custom cursors no longer work with the new Firefox. Not a biggie, but a bug none the less.

5. lchu12

lchu12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 199   +9

Found that with Firefox 3.0, it doesn't read chinese characters inputted from an tablet pad.

6. gunste24

gunste24 TS Rookie Posts: 25

Minor complaints, but have used Firefox for years now and complain when forced to try IE7/8 because the sites do not support Firefox.

Wish one could highlight HTML in color when reading and then saving a frame.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.