MPC-HC how to play videos

learninmypc

I'VE GOT mpc-hc & HAVE been trying to figure a way to play numerous flv videos sequentially & random. Nothing has worked so far. Any ideas or is it even possible?
With VLC I can do such but hate the NON full screen . MPC-HC has FULL screen. TIA :)

VLC has full screen. Just double click inside the playing video to full screen it. Or whatever keystroke it is for Windows (probably something like ctrl+f).

You have the weirdest questions I've came across in my 15 years of TS. How do you run into so many problems that apparently other people do not have?

VLC has full screen. Just double click inside the playing video to full screen it. Or whatever keystroke it is for Windows (probably something like ctrl+f).

You have the weirdest questions I've came across in my 15 years of TS. How do you run into so many problems that apparently other people do not have?
Thanks, I've been using the menu part & its full screen is not full screen.
As far as your 2nd part, perhaps others simply know more than I.
I (we) don't know the answer until I (we) ask. :)

Its fine that you ask.

Yes, I do now understand what you are saying and I can see how that might be confusing. But I assure you there is a completely FULL SCREEN display option in VLC and MPC-HC.

VLC - press F, double-click the video. Find the menu option. It definitely has fullscreen somewhere.

Its fine that you ask.

Yes, I do now understand what you are saying and I can see how that might be confusing. But I assure you there is a completely FULL SCREEN display option in VLC and MPC-HC.
Thank you. The main reason I love TechSpot so much is because I've never been told it was a dumb question I've asked in here. Other forums I've been in say what they will. UGH

Ok, so is there a way to play videos in a folder in order or randomly?

If you were doing it in VLC before, I wouldn't even worry myself about attempting to do it in MPC-HC. You learned (I think?) in this thread that VLC can do full screen. So just carry on doing what you were doing in VLC, but now enjoy it in your new found full-screen knowledge.

I'm going to make an edit here, this is completely a side note and mostly unrelated to this thread, ignore the following:
learnin - you liked winamp right? I liked winamp too. Winamp was fantastic for music. It did playlists, hell it essentially defined playlists. Now the problem was it couldn't do video. Then Winamp 3 came out, and it destroyed everything that everyone loved about winamp (made some big generalizations there). Winamp 3 started the decline of Winamp. Some programmers apparently figured out that winamp 3 was the wrong direction and also built into winamp 2 the ability to play video. This resulted in a great player, but it was never released publicly, well at least not officially, it is out there - but it was winamp 2 with the ability to play video without the insane bloat that everything that carried the winamp name afterwards carried.
Winamp 4 was skipped. Winamp 5 was created, 2+3=5 was the marketing reasoning. 5 created the bloat and just continued the downfall of Winamp.

So my rant is - Winamp 2 + ability to play video is the pinnacle of a media player, but the times and evolution of user interfaces have killed that possibility seemingly forever. If you want a music player, pick one. If you want a video player, pick one. Maybe you can find one that does both, but it is never going to be like it was in the past, that time is gone.

Last edited:
If you were doing it in VLC before, I wouldn't even worry myself about attempting to do it in MPC-HC. You learned (I think?) in this thread that VLC can do full screen. So just carry on doing what you were doing in VLC, but now enjoy it in your new found full-screen knowledge.

I'm going to make an edit here, this is completely a side note and mostly unrelated to this thread, ignore the following:
learnin - you liked winamp right? I liked winamp too. Winamp was fantastic for music. It did playlists, hell it essentially defined playlists. Now the problem was it couldn't do video. Then Winamp 3 came out, and it destroyed everything that everyone loved about winamp (made some big generalizations there). Winamp 3 started the decline of Winamp. Some programmers apparently figured out that winamp 3 was the wrong direction and also built into winamp 2 the ability to play video. This resulted in a great player, but it was never released publicly, well at least not officially, it is out there - but it was winamp 2 with the ability to play video without the insane bloat that everything that carried the winamp name afterwards carried.
Winamp 4 was skipped. Winamp 5 was created, 2+3=5 was the marketing reasoning. 5 created the bloat and just continued the downfall of Winamp.

So my rant is - Winamp 2 + ability to play video is the pinnacle of a media player, but the times and evolution of user interfaces have killed that possibility seemingly forever. If you want a music player, pick one. If you want a video player, pick one. Maybe you can find one that does both, but it is never going to be like it was in the past, that time is gone.
Thank you. I appreciate it. :)

Ok, so is there a way to play videos in a folder in order or randomly?

Highlight all files you want played and drag them to MPC player while its open. There is an option to show the playlist of the files you added, but its been so long since I used it I couldn't tell you exactly where it is or what the hotkeys are to show/hide it. It might appear when you add more than one, I don't know. Good luck.

Highlight all files you want played and drag them to MPC player while its open. There is an option to show the playlist of the files you added, but its been so long since I used it I couldn't tell you exactly where it is or what the hotkeys are to show/hide it. It might appear when you add more than one, I don't know. Good luck.
Ok, I'll give it a try after the #Seahawks game. :)

Last edited:
I'VE GOT mpc-hc & HAVE been trying to figure a way to play numerous flv videos sequentially & random. Nothing has worked so far. Any ideas or is it even possible?
With VLC I can do such but hate the NON full screen . MPC-HC has FULL screen. TIA :)
launch mpc.
right click mpc.
click 'after playback' and select 'play next in the folder'.
you're done. :)
zeXJjBU.png

as for random play, no idea. :D

Addendum:
launch mpc and add video files by dragging into mpc.
click 'view' tab on mpc, check 'playlist', and save (if you want it)
on the playlist, right click a video file, select 'randomise' or 'shuffle'.
done. :)

For stand alone mpc, version 1.7.7 64bit, launch mpc, click 'options'. on ''playback' menu, find 'after playback' and select 'play next file in the folder' and click 'ok'.
mpc play next in file 2.png

MIne is not stand alone version therefore I don't have said option(s).
I downloaded/installed MPC-HC.1.7.7.x64 direct from the forge. that menu options are available for you.

the first screenshot from my mpc, part of k-lite pack, is version 1.7.3 nightly build (which has a different setting from the latest build 1.7.7)

I downloaded/installed MPC-HC.1.7.7.x64 direct from the forge. that menu options are available for you.

the first screenshot from my mpc, part of k-lite pack, is version 1.7.3 nightly build (which has a different setting from the latest build 1.7.7)
Thanks but I get my downloads from TechSpot. Thanks for your help & input. :)

Back