TechSpot

MPC Player

By learninmypc
Jun 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Is it ONLY for videos or can I play tunes on it too? I tried playing a folder of tunes but it won't. It does play single songs but thats no fun.
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,233   +232

Any suggestions:confused:
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,980   +1,488

By MPC, I assume you are referring to Media Player Classic. Yes MPC will play music from a playlist. I don't know how many different types of playlist, MPC will play from. I do know M3U is one MPC does recognize.

From your music folder the following line will create a M3U playlist of all MP3's including any subfolders. If you don't wish to include subfolders omit the "/s".

dir /s/b *.MP3 > playlist.m3u​

After which you can edit the playlist and remove or add lines as you see fit. Once finished you open the playlist the same way you open a single song.
    hellokitty[hk] likes this.
  4. learninmypc

Yes, I am talking about Media Player Classic & thanks for your help. Will give it a shot.
  5. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 897   +39

This is MPC, not MPC-HC? The latter can player MP3 in a folder.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,980   +1,488

I didn't realize there was a difference. I should recap and mention it was the MPC - Home Cinema version I was refering to. :/
  7. Rabbit01

Think the developers of MPC stopped updating it couple years ago, then someone else started on MPC-HC using codes from MPC. Think that's how the story went. Anyway, I typically just refer to it as MPC.

As Cliffordcooley mentioned, MPC-HC can play from folder. I don't use playlist, actually, I don't use this for MP3, Winamp is what I use. Anyway, if you select Open Directory and select a folder, it'll play the files in that folder.

MPC_01.png

MPC_02.png
  8. learninmypc

9. Rabbit01

Just found out couple more things. You can do Open Directory multiple times to add songs you want to play from several folders. And if you right click in the playlist (Ctrl-7), you'll see these options. Save As will save the current playlist.

Clipboard01.png
    misor and hellokitty[hk] like this.
  10. learninmypc

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.