MSI intros Big Bang motherboard, sporting THX tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

MSI has announced that it is working together with Creative and THX to incorporate their audio technologies in an upcoming motherboard. Named "Big Bang," it will be the first motherboard to implement THX TruStudio PC along with Creative's EAX Advanced HD 5.0 audio technology. "Together, these technologies deliver the fullest audio experience for music, movies and games, while remaining true to the intention of the artists who created it," says MSI.

The Big Bang motherboard will be based on Intel's P55 platform and should prove to be worthy solution for mid-range gaming and media boxes that are looking for better-than-average onboard sound. At this year's IDF event, MSI also mentioned it would collaborate with LucidLogix to incorporate the Lucid HYDRA 200 real-time distributed processing engine, supporting universal multi-GPU configurations.

MSI's Big Bang motherboard won't hit store shelves for another few weeks, slated for an October 29 debut. I saw no mention of a price.

Permalink to story.

MSI mobos really do have nice built-in sound though...I'm no audiophile so I guess I can't tell the what is better than "clear"

Unfortunately, the last two MSI boards I owned were nothing but trouble. Their own rear slot addon parts didn't fit on the first one, and it was like pulling teeth to get everything installed on it. The second board which is fairly new (P7N SLI Platinum) has somekind of engineering fault where it resets the bios constantly and when you start up you have to hit F1 to go in and reset it. They put a cmos reset button in the back, and the bios has a place where you can save your settings and reload them. Its as if they added that stuff later when they could not fix the fault in the design. I never used any addon parts with this one, I learned my lesson from the first. I switched to Gigabyte for obvious reasons (Asus was ticking me off as well) and I haven't look back, good boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back