MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesqin

Hi guys, I plan on buying a new card and I thought I found just which one I want, and that was new Gigabyte HD 5850 (the one with better cooling and slightly overclocked). But MSI launched its MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II and its like 20-30 bucks more expensive, has the same warranty here is not pre-overclocked.. . But even though people have bought it here, I can't seem to find any review on the internet to compare those two.
So if you found any, or if you could tell me which one out of those two, I would be grateful !
thanks !

I feel that if you're getting something factory overclocked which has got the same warranty as the stock Twin Frozr you should buy it.

Also, the Gigabyte comes in cheaper and I'm sure will have some further overclocking headroom.

Here is a review of the 5830 Twin Frozr II. While it wont help with comparisons to the 5850 it should give you an idea of how the cooler will work. And from the review it doesn't appear to add any huge benefit as its basically the same under load but lower in idle.

In the absence of tech review I'd probably go with user reviews on Newegg - not totally accurate but they can be indicative of general sentiment of those who bought the hardware.
R5850 Twin Frozr II - bear in mind some of the negativity seems centred around the overvolting/Afterburner software which seems to have been remedied.
Gigabyte 5850 OC

The Gigabyte, or this PowerColor PCS+ look to be better deals that the MSI card from initial appearances.

about me

i am very simple living perosn with love and peace and would like to see peace and love everywhere and hate crime as like human or cyber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back