MSI to pair Big Bang boards with Bigfoot gaming NIC?

By Jos
Dec 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. MSI has just revealed that they will be hosting a press event at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show were they’ll be sharing the stage with Bigfoot Networks. The latter is responsible for creating the Killer NIC card, a dedicated gaming NIC that’s said to reduce latency and boost networked gameplay over standard onboard controllers. We’re not sure what to expect at the event but for now all they’re saying is that the “Killer 2100 gaming network card is a perfect complement to the MSI Big Bang family of mainboard solutions that will give gamers a competitive edge in online play.”

Read the whole story
  2. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Booster Posts: 248   +12

Good to know Nic's manager notice something was weird when they decided to release that VisionTek 5770...
  3. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

If they manage to incorporate Bigfoot's NIC technology into their motherboards, that would be fine although I don't quite see its benefit over the current on-board NICs. I don't see myself plugging in another PCIE card into my already crowded motherboard so if they're just going to bundle the NIC card with the board, then I won't be interested.