MSI unveils all-in-one gaming PC running Windows 8

Shawn Knight

Staff member

CeBIT 2013 is in full swing this week which can mean only one thing: an abundance of new hardware to feast our eyes on. Case in point: MSI was on hand showing off their latest all-in-one gaming PC, the AG2712. The familiar-looking AIO ships with Windows 8 and your choice of a third-generation Intel Core i5 or i7 for starters.

As SlashGear notes following some hands-on time with the new system, if you’ve seen a recent MSI AIO then the AG2712 shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. The chassis is constructed of various colors, shades and finishes of plastics which likely won’t win any design awards.

msi windows aio windows 8 gaming pc all in one

Instead, this AIO sets out with one goal in mind – playing games. MSI has added touchscreen support (for an added fee) and even found room for a discrete graphics card – an Nvidia GeForce GTX 670X, to be exact. The system uses THX TruStudio Pro audio processing and MSI was even kind enough to include built-in Wi-Fi.

The left side of the display is home to the system’s power and control buttons, LED indicators, two USB 3.0 ports and a memory card reader. Along the back we find two additional USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, audio in / out, an Ethernet jack and a VGA out port. We are also told the system includes two HDMI ports – on in and one out. On the right side is an optical drive in the event that you still need to load data from a disc or want to watch a DVD.

MSI hasn’t released price points for the AG2712 just yet but given its list of hardware and position, let’s keep our fingers crossed that it's priced competitively whenever it launches.

Permalink to story.

To add a GTX670x (I bet its behind the screen) along with a Core i7 and all the required hardware and peripherals, it must look from the side like one of those old 17" CRT Monitors of the ninety's! LOL...

...I wonder how it will look once it goes SLI :)

Seriously what gamer wants an AIO? Limited upgradablity, high chance of overheating, locked to whatever monitior it ships with... If im going to game on something with those limitations it better be a laptop.

[FONT=Arial]May as well get either a proper desktop or a laptop for gaming over a all-in-one. A proper desktop would have less thermal issues and a laptop would give better portability. Both of which are better options for gaming than a all-in-one IMHO.[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]

But they wouldn't make or market it if they didn't think it would sell. It may be a limited run to test the waters.

Back