MSN Messenger upgrade blocks Trillian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Seriously this can't be good. I dislike the old Messenger ever since I switched over Trillian & I dislike the new Messenger even more for its looks...

As of Oct. 15, users of Microsoft's free Web-based MSN Messenger and its Windows XP-based Windows Messenger will need to upgrade their software to a newer version or be shut out of the service, the software giant said Wednesday. According to Microsoft spokesman Sean Sundwall, "Security issues that could be posed (on older versions) require us to force an upgrade." He declined to detail the security issue, saying disclosure would "put customers at undue risk."

Meanwhile, Oct. 15 also will mark the deadline for Trillian support for MSN Messenger. Trillian is software that integrates multiple IM clients into a common interface. While it doesn't enable IM services to communicate directly with one another, it lets people view all of their buddy lists from various services under one window.

Heh... but they have no objection to keeping the mac version multiple versions behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back