Multiple BSOD Errors + Shut downs without warning + Trouble Booting + Freezing

SYNCHRONIC1

Hi there guys

Having some real troubles with my PC atm, I've been having problems for over a year or two now, with varying intensity, but currently I am experiencing more crashes than ever because I am not using any workarounds to reduce the symptoms.

I recently bought another motherboard (ASUS RAMPAGE II GENE) as my other one (ASUS PT6) is known to have issues with a design flaw causing the RAM modules to short circuit with the case, back then what would happen is, if the PC starts while recognising all RAM sticks, it would BSOD and then start with 1 RAM stick disabled, and would be stable until restart but with less RAM.

Now my PC recognises all RAM (16GB) consistently but I am having a wide variety of crashes.

For instance some of the BSOD errors I am getting are:

- PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

- MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

All from today,

Some BSOD's from a few days ago before removing any overclocking and some additional drivers were

- PAGE_ERROR_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

- IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL

Sometimes that crashes do not produce a BSOD for instance:

- Screen freezes and sound loops

- Restart without warning

- Computer struggles to boot a few times, especially when turned on for the first time in a while (cold boot)

I have tried numerous things but cannot pinpoint the problem, and seems perhaps as if they are multiple issues all adding up to create an incredibly unstable, and frustrating system... I am a musician, game developer, and film maker as well as general gamer and whatever, so I need to use the computer for pretty much everything and this is really causing me distress, I bought the motherboard in an attempt to solve the issues, but apart from my PC now recognising all RAM modules consistently (used the memoryOK button included on the motherboard), I am worse off than before perhaps, after spending all my money on the board.

My system is

Windows 7 64bit

Intel i7 920

Corsair Dominator 16gb (4x4gb)

Radeon 7890 2gb Graphics Card

My CPU and Graphics Card temperatures are very low and never overheating.

Also my computer does not seem to want to create minidump files despite me disabling and re-enabling the option in control panel.

Please if anyone is able to help I would be very grateful...

Many thanks!

MemOK may have been good enough to get the board to boot, but how did the settings for the bootable configuration compare to specification? I do not know how MemOK works, but my guess is that it relaxes timing as necessary to get a boot. This may disguise a memory problem. Further, I may have this wrong but I think you have to somehow confirm or save the MemOK result for it to be (at least, semi-) permanent.

So I would propose a thorough test of your RAM.

Disable any overclocking. Use only surge protection on connection to power outlet. Take all externals off except USB keyboard and mouse. Turn off automatic restart on error if you haven't already. Run memory test overnight... http://www.memtest86.com/

As to lack of mini-dump, this might help.. http://blog.nirsoft.net/2010/07/27/how-to-configure-windows-to-create-minidump-files-on-bsod/

Back