Multiple BSODs on Win 7 x64 Ultimate after prolonged powerdown!

jellyman223

So if I keep my PC powered down for around 6hr. + it takes me hours to get it back and running again due to multiple BSODs. I've tried everything and can't find an answer...

Today's minidumps below in .rar format. Took me about 2.5hrs to be able to type this. Even BSOD during safe-mode...

PC Specs

# CPU brand, model and speed Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
# Motherboard model MSI P67A-G43 (B3) (NVIDIA VGA BIOS KK1) USING MSI Live Update for VGA
# Memory brand, type/speed, size, number of sticks Patriot Gamer 2 Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
# Video card brand, chipset type, memory size MSI N570GTX-M2D12D5/OC GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
# Hard drive(s) brand, size, type, speed SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
# Operating system and version (including if 32 or 64bit!) Window 7 Professional x64
# Power Supply Unit brand and output in watts COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W

Attachments

• Minidumps 6-27-11.7z
    185.5 KB · Views: 3
Since Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Do the harddrive diagnostics as well.

HD diagnostic both long and short passed.

I don't believe I can change my voltage to my ram but you can prove me wrong.

Don't see any options...

Never-mind I found it, since there was no flat 1.5v I changed it to 1.521v. There are other levels, should I keep it or change it higher?

Don't see any options...

Never-mind I found it, since there was no flat 1.5v I changed it to 1.521v. There are other levels, should I keep it or change it higher?

If that is the closest you can get it keep it there. How is it running so far?

It's running well but it will only BSOD if I keep it off for an extended period of time. I can try and leave it off but it may take a while to get to back to life. What do you recommend I do?

Also with the voltage I can get closer, would you like me to change that as well?

Running well but as stated above, I will only have problems if I shut it down for about 10 hrs. Would you like me to try?

Since it has been running well have you at any time attempted to shut down? At this point I am thinking power issues somewhere.

Your power supply certainly is powerful enough but if you can get your hands on a digital multimeter I would test it. Have you ever used one of these before?

Currently posting using my friends mac. As always BSOD still occurs during startup after prolonged powerdown and diskcheck and startup repair still try to fix the proplem. However this time I believe they removed and crucial file to start up due to the fact that a new BSOD pops up now that says a important thread or something was removed and the system is BSOD because it is missing and cannot start. However before these new BSOD occured I found that changing the Ram voltage to different levels around 1.5 did not fix the problem. System restore has failed so I am currenlty looking for my OS disc to see if I can repair using that. If I can get in I will post new dumps. Hopefully you can help with this as well....

Technical Information ***STOP: 0x0000000F4 (0x00000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8003CE8B30, 0xFFFFFA8003CE8E10 , 0x0FFFFF80003393f40)

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

Three of five minidump files specifically cite memory corruption as your issue. Have you run Memtest per stick?

Can you link us to your motherboard and RAM?

Your RAM is 1600 and your motherboard can run it at that speed but it must be set to overclock in order to run it at 1600. Therein may very well be your issue.

I overclocked it to exactly 1600 and it still BSODs after prolonged shutdown, should I go higher?

Here's a new mini

Attachments

• Mini 7-14-11.7z
    13.1 KB · Views: 1
Your minidump states that it was an 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. There may be an issue with your RAM I suspect.

By the way memtest sometimes may not detect any issues with RAM, even if there are.

I would suggest you to:

1. Download memtest86+ ISO, burn it on a CD, and run it for prolonged periods on each RAM module individually.

2. If the above doesn't pick out any errors, take out one RAM module and see how your system behaves. Repeat this with both RAM modules, if one of them is bad this may help in identifying it.

Back