Multiple iexplorer.exe processes in task manager

By sumeergoel
Oct 25, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello:

I recently noticed that when I launch IE, I see 2 processes running in the task manager. I never had this problem earlier or might have missed it entirely. I have followed the 8-step preliminary removal instructions. I scanned my system with AVG, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware and nothing showed up. The problem is still there. I am attaching the report/log files in this thread.

Actually before I went through all these steps, I did scan my system with a software named A-squared Free - Version 4.5. It had found some infections and it healed them. I have attached the log files for it too. But removal of those threats didn't solve the IE issue. So I went through the preliminary steps listed on this site.

I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
    Sumeer
  2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,274

No problem to be worried about. I haven't gone through your logs, but I have noticed you're running IE 8 which actually shows up as 2 processes under the task manager, it's normal.
  3. sumeergoel

sumeergoel Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Oh.. Thanks for letting me know that.. It was unusual to see 2 processes running at the same time and I was concerned that there might be a threat. Thanks again!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.