Murderbox MK II chassis now available for reservation, yours for $1200

By Shawn Knight
Sep 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Every now and again, a manufacturer unveils a truly special and unique chassis that stands out among the crowd in some way or another. I've been doing hardware and peripheral reviews for over a decade and have seen my fair...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

Do I understand this correctly? That's $1200 for the case ONLY? No guts?
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

Im trying to find out what makes it so unique and cool. It looks like a fairly ordinary gaming case to me.
    psycros likes this.
  4. ikesmasher

Oh they are handmade. Still, if you pay 1200 for this, just wow...
  5. Denxnis

Denxnis TS Rookie

But it's limited edition!

This thing probably cost 200 in materials, max, and they want to sell it for 1200? What a joke.
    psycros likes this.
  6. Denxnis

Denxnis TS Rookie

Ok nvm, after seeing the internals I would say 600 in materials. More pictures next time techspot!
  7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

That's just a modded SIlverstone TJ07?
    psycros likes this.
  8. Jesse

Jesse TS Evangelist Posts: 359   +41

It's quite a case. While I agree that 1200 is steep, check out the pictures and craftsmanship, it's really quite a great case.
  9. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,436   +592

It's a very nice case, but $1200?
    I've never seen a case that should be more then $200 IMO, although the Hypercube on is something I have always wanted for some reason.
  10. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

That's a really nice case, not $1200 nice but still a nice case.
  11. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

I'll take two!
    ReederOnTheRun likes this.
  12. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

I have a tj07 and a mountainmods ascension case. If I didnt have either I'd like to get this thing. Its definately cool.
  13. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

Does it come with a lifetime guarantee?

Seriously... anyone heard of Snap-On tools? EXPENSIVE OVER PRICED BULL***, RIGHT?

Well, not to some people... specifically mechanics... they offer a lifetime guarantee. You break a tool, and they replace it, no questions asked.

If you are paying $1200, you better ****ing expect a life-time guarantee, or take your rich*** someone else and spend your money for a good cause.

psycros likes this.
  14. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Guru Posts: 443   +17

Why would I choose this over a Silverstone FT02?
  15. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +93

With the exception of fans, all aluminum chassis' last forever so if you are a millionaire enthusiast I could see paying this much. I paid 1/3 that for my last three cases.
  16. ikesmasher

For the case im thinknig of getting id be paying 1/24th... sheesh...
  17. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,267   +101

Even if they do last forever, are you not going to update the components inside this extremely expensive case? Surely you'd want to keep this with your most up to date MB, RAM, HDD/SSD, DVD-RW, custom water cooling... and so forth.

I noticed they also had a special circuit board for your hard drives.... seems more susceptible for damage, and could cause the whole board to stop functioning... where would you get parts to replace it? Surely THEY are the only one who makes it, considering what it is.... You call them up and ask for a replacement, "Sure." they say, "...for $500." Okay, well you might as well go get some SATA cables and bypass the board... but then that'd just be a darn shame.
    psycros likes this.
  18. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

For my money, I think I'd order a CaseLabs or Little Devil case instead, just saying.
  19. Skrillex called, he wants his logo back
    psycros and spydercanopus like this.
  20. With the $1200 I was hoping this case is made of hard-kevlar over titanium alloy panel (like APC armor) or carbon ceramics over spacecraft-grade aluminum alloy panel not just aluminum with anodized black, the chassis made from premium grade CFRP (used in Formula one and supercars). And the side panels made of premium polycarbonate (used in fighter jet) not made by acrylic..

But still, this case is AWESOME
  21. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

Yep, I'll also have one!...although when I sober up I may change my mind on the subject.

Seriously, hand made or not, that is a stupid price for a case.
    psycros likes this.
  22. People reaction

First impression: "ooooohhh.. aaaaaahhhh.." (fascinating)

After looking the price: "what the f...!??"

psycros likes this.
  23. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TS Enthusiast Posts: 194

U$S 1200? That's about $6000 ARS... Not even taking into account shipping and taxes. Probably comes with half a dozen *****s...
  24. BasiX12

BasiX12 TS Rookie

Why murder box when the only thing that case kills is the wallet?
    McNasty and psycros like this.
  25. McNasty

McNasty TS Rookie Posts: 33

I like by Corsair 800D better.