Mutlimedia Audio Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have just put a new hard drive in, loaded my old copy of XP Pro, all programs, updated to Service Pack 2 for XP.

I had sound when previous hard drive was in, on-board sound was disables, have a Soundblaster Audigy card. Looking in BIOS, on-board sound is still disabled.

I have installed the software that came with the card. Mother Board is an MSI KT4V.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I have little hair left as it is :)

smoky

Welcome to TechSpot

The obvious question is, when you reinstalled, did you also install all the mobo-drivers from the mobo-CD?
Or did you do a transfer of the old to the new HD?

Things to try would be to check your settings in the Sounds and Multimedia (Control Panel), the master-volume could be un-ticked, or the wrong input-source has been activated. Also, moving the soundcard to another PCI-slot has been known to help.

hi99001

In addition to suggestions from the previous person. I went through the steps he proposed. I looked at the hardware list and found that the Multimedia Audio Controller was flawed. I then went out to try to replace this device....Non found. I called technical support of the computer manufacturer and he took me through a procedure to reinstall this device from the original boot disc for the computer. If you have a Geteway or E-Machine made computer. The hardware list does not identify this unit, nor the manufacturer, thus I went back to the manufacturer of the computer.

:( Audio Controller :(

Im having the same Problem, I am missing my Audio Controller, and i have downloaded cpu-z, and i must say it helped, but i still cannot find my mother board drivers / Manufacturer..:(
what it says :

Model : i845ITE8712

Chip Set : Intel i845

South bridge : 82801BA (ICH 2)

Sensor: ITE IT8712

And im Running windows Xp Home

Some one please make this my last stop, because ive been up and down on the internet looking for drivers for almost a week, and I came up on this site, and seeing how everyone was having a similar problem, I thought I would give it a whirl and see if I could put a stop to my searching.

hey everyone. im new to tech spot and i need some help reallly bad!
i think i accidently deleted something important from my compter yesterday when i was removing some programs (i know, stupid) and now i cant hear any sound from my computer. no music or anything from websites. so if anyone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated here is some of my computer info. :

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model KM400-8235
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1598 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back