My 8600GT Doesn't seems to perform like it should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaker

Well i just got a chaintech 8600GT 256MB the problem is from what i've seen on youtube the 8600gt can run R6V2,Assassins creed,The club,K&L,Oblivion And crysis on all high or medium with a good frame rate while my 8600GT can hardly reach 20 frame rate on those game...even with a lowest setting,my pc is dust free except for the psu and also, i need to underclock my 8600gt from 540/700 to 540/550 cause whenever i try to play games at the stock clock it'll freeze,crash,etc.The idle temp for my card is 48-55 and 60-75 while playing games.My psu is ATX-480W By the way.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Or is it the card faulty?

What are the rest of your PC specifications and what are the amps on the power supply's +12V rail or rails? What was your previous card?

mailpup said:
What are the rest of your PC specifications and what are the amps on the power supply's +12V rail or rails? What was your previous card?

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Sound card:Creative Sound Blaster PCI

My previous card was ATi Radeon Xpress 200 which is an onboard card.
Well i don't really know how to check the psu but to make it quick i'll post what it said on the sticker

AC INPUT:230V-,50Hz,4A

DC Red Orange Yellow Blue white Purple Black Green Brown
Output +5V +3.3V +12V -12V -5V +5VSB COM PS-ON POK
Max 26A 22A 18A 0.8A 0.5A 2A GND PG

Oh the current driver i'm using is 175.16 but i have tried 174 and 169 still the same

Your PSU is not that powerful but it is probably enough unless something is wrong with it. Just in case, did you uninstall the old graphics driver (for the ATI) before installing the Nvidia graphics driver?

mailpup said:
Your PSU is not that powerful but it is probably enough unless something is wrong with it. Just in case, did you uninstall the old graphics driver (for the ATI) before installing the Nvidia graphics driver?
Yup, remove it

I cant even run crysis on my machine on high settings, i still enounter lag sometimes. 8600gt is ok I guess, if your card is pulling more power than your psu can handle then its a big problem.

If that's the psu that came with the machine then upgrade it. Its a reason why you originally had onboard graphics with that psu.

supersmashbrada said:
I cant even run crysis on my machine on high settings, i still enounter lag sometimes. 8600gt is ok I guess, if your card is pulling more power than your psu can handle then its a big problem.

If that's the psu that came with the machine then upgrade it. Its a reason why you originally had onboard graphics with that psu.
ahh i see,thanks

Edit:Wait, is the constant crashing/freezing while playing at stock clock psu problem to?

wow, I have almost the same system specs as you and the same graphics card and I have no problems whatsoever running on high settings on any game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back