My big budget custom PC build

I have decided that I need a new PC and I have no idea what custom parts to choose; I want to build it myself, I want the best high end parts possible in an Intel build that can be overclocked when I need to. The price has to include at least 3 monitors and it needs to look EPIC like with LEDs, a case with a window etc. I have £3000-£3500 to spend on it. Please help me choose the parts, if someone could find them all in one place e.g Amazon so it saves me some time. The rig is for gaming, video editing and rendering sometimes at the same time.
Thanks guys,
-UnsungHero

Wait until Ivy Bridge-E comes out in early September, a 4930K with a couple of GTX 770/780's should be within your budget.

In the meantime have a look at what monitors to get, I.e. if you want 120Hz, IPS, size, resolution, etc.

That can be done. Wait for IB-E like slh said. You can probably get 2x 780s. They may struggle though while gaming on 3 monitors. You can watercool your parts if you want, but that will take a big part of the budget. If you go >2 GPUs, you have to watercool.

I heard rumors from a Chinese ***** that IB-E has the IHS soldered on (y) :)
What kind of monitors were you looking at?

This sounds like you're more after 'WOW-FACTOR' than actual performance. It also sounds like you don't know much about building a rig from scratch.

In that case, get this core system. Spend $100 on LED's. Watch some youtube vids on how to put it all together. Buy 3x 24inch monitors, attach some LED's to the back. Get two graphics cards instead of one. Done.

This sounds like you're more after 'WOW-FACTOR' than actual performance. It also sounds like you don't know much about building a rig from scratch.

In that case, get this core system. Spend $100 on LED's. Watch some youtube vids on how to put it all together. Buy 3x 24inch monitors, attach some LED's to the back. Get two graphics cards instead of one. Done.

That is a good build. He will need a second 780 if he wants to go 3 monitors.

This is what I have so far, is it all compatible? I have decided to go with 3 monitors and they haven't been chosen yet. Also I think that LEDs are something I can add later.IDEAL PC.jpg (With a total of £3,100)

You do not need 64GB of RAM unless you do professional work like video editing or compiling lots of code. 16GB is enough. Windows will only use 8-10GB of that while you are in game. You will not run out with todays applications. I would also recommend waiting a month to see what Intel releases. They are said to release IB-E, which will replace SB-E (what you chose). For the CPU cooler, you should go with a Corsair H100i. For the GPU, you should cut back to a GTX 780 or wait for the next generation AMD GPUs (rumored to be more powerful than the Titan at a lower price). If you are planning to game on 3 monitors, you will need at least 2 GTX 780s. Finally, that PSU is way too overkill. You need 750-850W if you are SLIing 780s.

In addition the corsair AX series is pretty awful price wise.
In fact, nearly everything you picked is pretty awful price/performance wise.

Some suggestions:
Since you're in Europe, you might be able to find a Dark Rock 2 Pro CPU cooler, which is a great cooler at a similar price.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-Quiet-Dark-Advanced-Cooler/dp/B004HZ88DU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377182455&sr=8-3&keywords=dark rock pro 2

I'm pretty sure you'll get the same performance for anything you'll do with a 4770k, so you could save a lot of money there along with a good motherboard like the Asus Maximus Vi Hero.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximus-VI-Motherboard-Express-Extreme/dp/B00D41V69Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377182474&sr=8-1&keywords=asus maximus vi hero
http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-50GHz-Graphics-BX80646I74770K-Generation-Technology/dp/B00CV3E3XE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377182474&sr=8-2&keywords=asus maximus vi hero

An aftermarket GTX780 would be a lot smarter buy than a titan, and a few hundred dollars cheaper. I'm a fan of the EVGA ACX coolers.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-Classified-Graphics-Display/dp/B00DOJK8YC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1377182537&sr=8-5&keywords=gtx780 evga acx

As for the power supply, the Cooler Master V series is excellent.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Vanguard-V850W-Supply/dp/B00CJ1UEKE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377182685&sr=8-4&keywords=coolermaster V series

About the RAM (sorry no amazon link), Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 2400mhz.

Note that I didn't spend any time looking around for better prices, which you should probably do.
Oh and just personally, I like the Corsair 400R a little more.

It's only a couple of weeks before Ivy Bridge E is supposed to launch, spending that much on a CPU and motherboard right now is not a good idea.

I also think a lot of your budget could be reallocated, e.g. downgrade mobo, RAM, PSU and upgrade the CPU cooler, get 2x 780's, Samsung 840 Pro and better case.

The X79 platform is really only necessary if you do processor heavy work, unless you just like the luxury of having it. A 3930K is overkill for gaming. The 4770K is a better choice.

hellokitty[hk] 32GB of RAM is overkill.

Guys, it's clear OP has no idea what he's doing. He just wants to throw money at it so he can brag to his friends about his liquid cooled GX9C-52-GIGA-32-TERABYTE RAM stick.

Yeah that's why I linked everything hopefully it won't be too hard to just follow it but I mean, if he really wants to waste money I don't think I could convince him otherwise.

Guys, it's clear OP has no idea what he's doing. He just wants to throw money at it so he can brag to his friends about his liquid cooled GX9C-52-GIGA-32-TERABYTE RAM stick.
Well we all have to start from somewhere. At least he isn't throwing the £3k at an Alienware machine, as long as he takes the advice it will end up being an awesome PC.

If he still ends up buying the £700 RAM kit and single Titan then you can start ranting...

Guys the PC is mainly for bragging rights (xD) and I want to be able to game on one monitor, have a video encoding on the next screen and audacity on the 3rd monitor, I need a PC which can do that all at the same time if someone wants to run up a cart on Amazon for me with what you guys think will be the best for me. Thanks guys.

Why don't you buy me my PC while your at it? xD with that budget your probably could buy my system and yours if you wanted to!

Guys the PC is mainly for bragging rights (xD) and I want to be able to game on one monitor, have a video encoding on the next screen and audacity on the 3rd monitor, I need a PC which can do that all at the same time
I'll never understand why people want to do things like this. How can you even do all of those things at once. I assume he's gaming full screen, It's going to knock you out of the game anytime you switch screens. Each task will gimp the others performance. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Video encoding, unless you limit the number of threads, can take up all the CPU you could possibly throw at it. So could audio encoding if your workflow gets demanding enough. If you are worried about being able to multi task and game at the same time you probably need two separate machines.

Now, if you want a big budget, over-the-top gaming rig we can definitely help you with that but don't expect to be able to do those three things at the same time.

Back