Inactive My computer attempts to connect to malicious sites (HijackThis log included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRackman

Hello,

Well I keep getting notices from McAfee and/or Malwarebytes that an attempt to connect to a numerical site has been blocked. Sometimes it says my browser initiated the attempt but I have also seen where it says the "System" was responsible for the attempt.
I have ran the numerical IP's through the available lists and they are indeed malware or spammer sites.

I have run Spybot, Malwarebytes, and McAfee, They have all come back clean. I have manually checked my hosts file, running processes, startup items and have tried to look over my HijjackThis log file and cannot find any reason for the activity.

I am posting my HijackThis log in hopes someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12.7 KB · Views: 0
You will get better help in the Malware and Viruses section of TechSpot. I'd move this if I were a moderator. Be sure to do the 8 steps explained in that section. Edit: Oops. I must have posted around the time of the previous post.

You will get better help in the Malware and Viruses section of TechSpot. I'd move this if I were a moderator. Be sure to do the 8 steps explained in that section. Edit: Oops. I must have posted around the time of the previous post.

Hi superty

Looks like i got there just a minute before you did! :D

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back