Inactive My Computer running windows xp seems infected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnarvaro

I have my computer running windows xp professional (Computer is a Dell Latitiude D610) and it connected once to internet (via wireless) and then after then it no longer connects. I believe it is infected by a virus as the person who used it says she did not at any point scan for viruses. I have followed the instructions on https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ and will be posting the virus logs soon after. I will be as prompt as possible coz I need to get this fixed as soon as possible so as to continue working on it. Thank you for all the help and support!!!!!

Waiting for logs...

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

I managed to get the first log, but for the DDS logs , it seems to lag and take long to finish when it reaches please wait...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.04.04.07

Windows XP Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180
Mugisha :: USER-25144EC0F8 [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

4/27/2013 1:26:00 PM
mbam-log-2013-04-27 (13-26-00).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 188065
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 2
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|servieca.vbe (Trojan.Banker) -> Data: "C:\DOCUME~1\Mugisha\LOCALS~1\Temp\servieca.vbe" -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|servieca.vbe (Trojan.Banker) -> Data: "C:\DOCUME~1\Mugisha\LOCALS~1\Temp\servieca.vbe" -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 3
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and repaired successfully.

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1
C:\Documents and Settings\Mugisha\Local Settings\Temp\servieca.vbe (Trojan.Banker) -> Delete on reboot.

(end)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back