My PC messes up during games...please reply or i'll......

By adamjon858
Mar 10, 2006
  1. Okay. I recently built a PC and today I started to install some games that demand a good graphics card (HL2, Fable, etc.) All of the games work for about 5-6 minutes. And then my CRT monitor either shuts off or it flashes violently until I close the game. When it shuts off I usually can't get it working again without restarting the PC. I've decided that the problem does not lie with the monitor as I have tested 3 different CRT monitors and they all have the same problem.

I've tried:
    -Updating the Drivers
    -Running MemTest
    -Reinstalling the games

I don't think the problem lies with the PSU since I don't have any problems with any other power hungry tasks (such as rendering movies..3D modeling...etc).

My System:
    -200GB Seagate ATA
    -512MB PC4000 HyperX
    -Powmax 400w Power Supply
    -Chaintech VPN4
    -Athlon 64 3200+
    -Connect3D Radeon X700 Pro 256MB

Please Help!
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

Check the temp of the video card. If you installed Catalyst Control Center it has a temp readout. Powmax is a pretty cheap brand of PS.
  3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

also check what resolutions/refresh rates are set ingame/outgame and that you're pc can handle it.. and temperature of everything...

use everest home + other sensor apps to give you an aproximate value of how hot things are...
  4. adamjon858

adamjon858 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Um...Where in catalyst is this information?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.