cooling fans
    CPU=0 RPM (shouldnt it be on?)
    Power= 4891 RPM

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Buy yourself a new cooler-fan pronto.

3. utcappy

utcappy TS Rookie Topic Starter

well, i looked in the comp while its running and it looks like all the fans are working, but it would still probably help to get new fans...

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,640   +322

Read before asking "is this too hot"
    Your cpu fan monitoring thing isn't working for any one of a few reasons. The best check is to look, like you said you did. If its spinning and your CPU isn't overheating, then you are fine.

5. MarcFOnline

MarcFOnline TS Rookie Posts: 84

All I know is that I wish I could get my processor DOWN to that temperature! My 3GHz Prescott idles around 120 degrees F, and that's with upgraded cooling.

So... yeah, you don't have anything to worry about. Just check your fan's motherboard connector.

6. utcappy

utcappy TS Rookie Topic Starter

well, my CPU fan doesnt have a connection or something to find out the temp.

7. MarcFOnline

MarcFOnline TS Rookie Posts: 84

It looks like you are getting a temperature reading for your CPU, so that isn't a problem... what you're apparently missing is the plug from your CPU fan to go onto the motherboard. That allows monitoring of the fan's RPM speed. If your fan didn't come with such a connector (it's a multi-colored wire coming from your heat sink, with a small plug at the end), that strikes me as quite strange... but it's ok if you don't mind being unable to monitor your fan speed.

8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Some fans / boards report 0 rpm if the fan is spinning at low speed. I've modified my fans so that they spin lower (and I can see that they do spin), but MBM reports 0 rpm for PSU fan. I guess the real rpm is around 1000.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.