Nearly constant BSODs. Windows Explorer crashing

PartyHardWK

Firstly, because I am in a hurry, I will not be posting the minidumps or bsod error codes. If these are needed further down the road then I will take some time to post them. Ill try to make this as brief as possible so here it goes:

I just traveled from NY to Boston for a job and left my computer in my car for a couple weeks (possibly an issue.) When I hooked it all up today to get everything up to date I found it hard to get anything done as nearly every five to ten minutes either windows explorer would crash, a BSOD would appear, or it would become to laggy/slow to complete anything. These events happen anytime I even attempt to do anything that requires an adequate cpu workload (browsing facebook/youtube, updating windows or drivers, searching hard drives, etc.).

The BSOD's are always different, there are four or five different error codes I have seen so far (0x000004e and 0x000001a are the only two I remember right now). What could be the reasoning for this? I cant even update/ roll back drivers, update windows, or uninstall anything because it crashes before I can do anything. It even crashes in safemode although not nearly as often. If anyone could help me I would be so grateful. Thanks guys.

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here...

Thank you for the response Tmagic, here are the dmp files. I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• 061014-21528-01.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 123106-25490-01.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 123106-25599-01.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
Yes it is, it is an OCZ Vertex 4. Here are some additional errors I have recorded, 0x7e, 0x55, 0x19. Just to make note, I have unplugged and replugged all hard drives(I have 3) and have checked the temp of the processor(ranges from 38 celcius to mid sixties) and it isnt any of those things.

Last edited:
Oh no, just the boot drive is SSD. 0xD1 and 0x0A error now showing up. I believe they both said IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Id also like to add that the clock is way off, it jumps to different times every time the computer starts. I managed to keep the rig up long enough to uninstall bit defender (crashed right after completion) and also run a defrag of the boot drive which eliminated over 12000 fragments and showed a very large amount of low performing fragments... dont know if that means anything.

Last edited:
Alright so you think the ssd is definitely the culprit? And if so, what should I do with my files on there, there is alot of music, pictures, and games on there I want to save.

The games my be hard to save if you can't re-install or download them again. Music and pictures are easy to save on a flash drive, DVD or Blu-Ray disk

Turns out one of my other drives (classic magnetized hard drive) is bootable as well. I booted from that one which also has windows 7 ultimate and the same things are happening which leads me to believe it is not a hard drive problem. I am leaning towards it being a memory problem, could something be wrong with the RAM sticks? I dont understand how they could be working fine a couple weeks ago and then all of a sudden start malfunctioning.

I am back again, I was very busy with an internship over the summer which is why I took a break from my computer. Now I have plentiful time again. I ran the memtest and came across fifteen errors during pass number five. It said good: dfdfdfdf bad:dfdfcfdf. I am not sure what that means but if you could help me out a bit more I would much appreciate it. Thanks again.

Just 2. Does this mean I need to replace them? If so, do you have any recommendations for reliable memory brands? I have been out of the hardware game for a while now.

I bought the exact same type of ram I had before online and when I ran a memtest on them today, it showed even more errors than my old memory. What does this mean?

Yes I am. I just ordered yet another pair of ram, this time from crucial. I will keep you posted how those turn out.

Okay, if you still get errors with this new Ram, it has to be a bios memory setting is off or the motherboard is defective

Back