Need a New Mobo Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was looking at maybe upgrading to a ddr3 775 socket version mobo but don't wanna upgrade inless it will give my computer more power/and make it faster.
I am currently looking at 3 mobo's

First is the
ASUS P5E3 PRO LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard

Second is the
GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3LR LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

And Lastly
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Either way im in need of new mobo/ram and was wondering if the CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Would be compatible with the first two mobo's.

Please help me out as i need to put the order in today.

Motherboards do not offer a performance increase of any sort. The CPU, RAM and GPU are the ones that matter the most. You would be better off saving up for an LGA 1156 motherboard and CPU along with that DDR3 RAM. You would get a big jump in performance IMO and it will be money well spent too.

It would not work for my core 2 duo E8200 processor and i don't plan on upgrading my processor anytime soon as it hasn't failed on me yet.

Then do not bother getting a new motherboard unless does not overclock as well as you would like, and if you will need SLI/Crossfire support in the future.

so buying this new mobo won't increase performance along with ram over my old lan party dk p35 series with 2 sticks of 1G ram.

I've got the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 and i really like it. I bought it for $180 Canadian. It's pretty easy to overclock with if you do that sort of thing.

I've had it for about 8 months after my dfi lan party died. I use 4x2gb crucial ballistix tracer. Faster/, i don't know. I didn't notice much of a speed difference with a new mobo

my dfi lan party only allows 800 of ram which is not alot at all so i can't get good ram so im thinking of getting ASUS P5E3 PRO LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard and upgrading that with some ddr3 ram to make loading times faster.

Asus makes really good boards. If you've got you're heart set on it you should get it. There may not be a drastic change in loading times. what kind of ram do you have now?

Load times are helped more by a faster storage drive; consider buying an SSD to that end.

DDR3 does not help performance much, if at all. (over DDR2 that is)

Going from the P35 chipset to X48 or P45 probably wouldn't net you much of a performance gain at all. If you plan on an overclocking and fine-tuning adventure then the Gigabyte boards are loads of fun. Can't speak of the Asus board as I've never even seen an P5E3 Pro, let alone used one-Although I seem to have sorted out a minor problem for a user of that board https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic141038.html If it's up for serious consideration it might be worthwhile sending josean777 a pm to find out their experiences with it.

@ Skoalm1nt - Consider what Rage advised earlier. Keep the money for the motherboard for now. Save up for a new processor like the Core i5 750. Then you'll be able to justify the expenditure. With your present setup, a new motherboard and DDR3 RAM will hardly provide any performance benefits.

If you need a motherboard immediately, consider getting something minimal to satisfy your basic requirements. The E8200 is a good processor that OCs pretty well. However, if you're a heavy gamer or run CPU intensive aplications, you'll be better off in future with a Core i5 or something similar.

What's your budget?

I like the MSI GD65 motherboard. Set it up for a friend recently. Tons of features for its price.

What do you mean Antec Vs Cooler Master? PSU or case?

For the PSU I would look at Corsair. BTW, could you post your system specs in this thread. It would help us give better advice...

I'm partial to Gigabyte; their support is also better than MSI's and build quality is also better overall. The GA-P55-UD3R is what I'd recommend.

And FYI, the case or PSU will not affect your latency; that is decided more by your NIC (if you use your own ADSL gateway to connect to the net) and by your connection itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back