TechSpot

Need A Win7 Search Program

By luvhuffer
May 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I was looking for a file and I got a result. 2400 entries for the same one file. STUPID! Any recommendations for a good freeware search program for Win7 64bit that works? Wait, I just check again. I'm now up to 3500 results for the same one file, which I might ad isn't what I'm looking for...sigh

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,302   +238

Are ALL the results carbon copies or ???

3. luvhuffer

luvhuffer TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 638

Ya lol same creation date same time stamp. It eventually went to over 15000 copies till I finally shut it down.

4. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,273   +152

learninmypc likes this.
  5. luvhuffer

I use ccleaner to clean old files. I need a desktop search engine thats good at finding them

6. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,273   +152

Sorry, I should clarify.

Ccleaner has a duplicate file finder which I thought may be useful to you.

7. luvhuffer

Oh OK Gotcha. unfortunately the thousands of copies of the file it found is in actuality only a single file caught in some kind of loop, which isn't the first time I've seen this behavior. I downloaded one here called xplorer2 which unfortunately uses the same search engine and only offers a different interface.

8. mike1959

mike1959 TS Addict Posts: 1,095   +22

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.