CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more storage space. CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references (advanced users).
Note: CCleaner was acquired by Avast and the application's installer has been found to bundle the free version of the antivirus on occasion or offer it as a bundle install. Beware of this when installing or opt for the Portable version instead.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete - freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you're a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
All-new cleaning for Windows 11
- Microsoft Teams: 13 different types of cached data, log files and other temporary files
- Skype: removes cached data
- Microsoft News: cleans up temporary browsing files (images, HTML data) and cookies
- Windows Defender: removes log files which are unnecessary for the average user
- OneDrive for Windows 11: clears out unneeded cache files
- Temporary files: tweaked for Windows 11
- Microsoft Clipchamp: cleans this video editor on Windows 11
Other cleaning improvements
- Windows Explorer: detects and removes outdated Windows Search data, log files, and shortcuts to recently used files
- Start Menu Notifications: new rule which removes Live Tiles from your Start Menu
- Microsoft Family Safety: removes temporary files & folders
- Chrome and Opera: more extensive cleaning definitions
- Slack: additional cache & log file cleaning
- AnyDesk: delete old chat logs, trace files, as well as cached png and icon files
- RealPlayer: detects and removes JPG and thumbnail files, cache files, and outdated index files from all versions of RealPlayer SP, 15, 16, and Cloud
- Resso: new cleaning for this music streaming app
- Cleaning for apps installed via Microsoft Store
- McAfee Personal Security AntiVirus
- Video Compressor: Resize & Compress Video
- Fixed rare crash during app upgrade process
- Fixed rare crash during app update process
- Drivers no longer shown as 'Skipped' if updated by another app
- Driver version still shown as 'Skipped' if driver downdated by another app
Recent CCleaner news
CCleaner is featured in...
Software similar to CCleaner 9
Free up disk space by deleting junk files that are no longer used.
Deletes cookie files, history, cache, temp files and other personal tracks. You will get more free space on the disk.
TuneUp Utilities optimizes the performance of your computer
- Free to Try
Clean your computer of unwanted junk that constantly slows your entire system down.
More similar downloads