CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more storage space. CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references (advanced users).
Note: CCleaner was acquired by Avast and the application's installer has been found to bundle the free version of the antivirus on occasion or offer it as a bundle install. Beware of this when installing or opt for the Portable version instead.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete - freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you're a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
Taking the hassle out of PC maintenance
- In Driver Updater, we've added some new information next to the progress bar to give you realtime information when installing new updates
- You can now see what stage each driver update is at
- We fixed an issue where crashes could occur after cleaning a closed browser
- In Driver Updater, we fixed alignment issues with text in some languages
- In Software Updater, we aligned how errors are shown
Simplifying the app
- We've optimized the app to start up more quickly
Taking the hassle out of PC maintenance
In Driver Updater, we've added a new 'Pause Updates' option to give you more control over which devices get updated
- You can pause all future updates for a driver from its 'Details' screen
- Pausing updates for a device removes it from the 'available updates' counts
- The new flow has 'confirm' steps that explain what happens when driver updates are paused and skipped
- All devices in the 'paused' state are grouped together at the bottom of the drivers list
- All skipped driver versions are also grouped together in this list
- We've added some hint panels that give more information about the 'paused' and 'skipped' groups
- The new 'Pause Updates' and 'Skipped Versions' experiences fully support the NVDA screen reader
In Driver Updater, we've also made some other UX improvements:
- We've made it easier to access the Driver Details view
- Rows in the driver lists now highlight when the mouse cursor moves over them
- In Health Check, we fixed version information not showing for software updates
- In Driver Updater, we fixed crashes that could occur during an update or when closing CCleaner
- In Software Updater, we fixed Google Drive showing "Unknown publisher"
Recent CCleaner news
CCleaner is featured in...
Software similar to CCleaner 9
Free up disk space by deleting junk files that are no longer used.
A duplicate file management tool that can help you find and delete duplicate files by comparing file name, file size or contents. Get rid of annoying duplicates and free up more space on your hard disks.
Deletes cookie files, history, cache, temp files and other personal tracks. You will get more free space on the disk.
TuneUp Utilities optimizes the performance of your computer
- Free to Try
More similar downloads