Need advice on gaming PC

I've been using a gaming laptop for the last 2 years and it's time I got a dedicated gaming PC. Can you please give me recommendations on the best gaming PCs out there and the specs I should get? I don't have a budget. Thanks

Well to really answer this properly we need a budget. Can you or a friend build your own?

4GB Ram and 1 GB Graphic Card is must to play heavy and good games like Max Payne 3 and MW 3. Besides this use of LCD in gaming is best.

If you're not going to be building and you really have no budget then there are some minimums for a decent gaming machine using only 1 screen:
CPU: Intel 2500k or greater OR Intel 3820 or greater
GPU: ATI Radeon 7850 or greater OR nVidia GeForce GTX 560Ti or greater OR nVidia GeForce GTX 680
RAM: 4 GB minimum
HD: Depends on how painful load times are for you. Once you're in game you won't notice any difference with a faster hard drive unless you're changing stages
Use one of the digital methods of connecting your video card to your monitor (DVI/HDMI/Displayport) and run at the native resolution which is usually the max res your monitor can support
If you're going to buy this at a mom & pop shop then make sure you're getting a decent PSU and motherboard also - this will aid with system stability. If you're getting it from one of the big name guys like Dell (Alienware) or Falcon Northwest then you won't have too many choices.

If you have any plans to overclock your system make sure everything is nice and stable at standard clocks first. Once you've broken it in for a couple of days and it's rock solid then you can start trying to break it.

Check out www.ibuypower.com
The site is NOT just for purchasing, but also as a quick "how will my system handle this game" check.
It'll show you game quality based on processor + mobo + video card + ram. Just use this as a rough gauge when you finally buy or build a system of your own. As I was in the same boat as you about 2 months ago (from laptop gaming to desktop gaming), i highly recommend this site to do research, and play around with different configurations. Then use their price as a guide to how much you should spend per part on sites like Newegg or Tigerdirect

Back