Need assistance with dump files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can look at your minidumps, go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and put 4 or 5 of your latest ones into a zip file and upload it to a new reply in this thread as an attachment.

Thanks

Here are the files. have a few more if it would help to decipher the issue.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    77.1 KB · Views: 5
I have looked at a lot of mini dumps and can't usually get many (if any) real help from the codes. It always means that everything needs to be checked and point by point find the problem component(s) or software glitch.

Minidumps tell you what was in the pc's memory at the time of the crash and what process is caused the crash. You can make a dump of your whole memory but that would literally be the same size as your memory so you would end up with a 512MB or 1GB file, etc ;)

Your latest dump (the one dated 12/03/07) says this:
Probably caused by : ctaud2k.sys
The process Creative WDM Audio Device Driver belongs to the software Creative Audio Driver (WDM) by Creative Technology Ltd.
More info here

Try downloading the latest sound drivers for your hardware from the Creative website and install them, then see how it goes :)

By the way, what were you doing at the time of the crash? All you've told us so far is that you need your minidumps looking at :)

I was using azureus bit torrent and standard PC stuff. Web browsing and such. The only new instalLS I have done recently was a Microsoft keyboard that started conflicting with a Logitech laser mouse. I also installed Flight Sim and Fighter Sim from microsoft. I will try uninstalling those and reinstalling the newer Sound Blaster Live drivers.

I initially noticed issues with my machine being "laggy". I also noticed my machine took forever to extract .rar files. What ysed to take a few minutes started taking a very long time.

Thanks for the help guys.

DaveSkater - What program do you use to view dump files? I would like to take a peak. Can you recommend one? Are there any free ones?

thanks again

This is a known software problem. Upgrade the sound card driver. Refer this problem

Mini040106-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 8, 0}
Owning Process 8659c858 Image: SpybotSD.exe
Probably caused by : ctaud2k.sys ( ctaud2k+321b5 )

Mini051406-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 8, 0}
Owning Process 8055b0a0 Image: Idle

Mini120307-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 8, 0}
Owning Process 87dda020 Image: TeaTimer.exe

Mini123006-01.dmp BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 8, 0}
Owning Process 8055b0a0 Image: Idle

Failing module is ctaud2k.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 19 10:47:51 2002 (3D377DD7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back