Need Ethernet drivers, audio and video drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_devil

I am re formatting my mom's computer again and due to unforeseen circumstances i have lost my back-up hard drive with all my drivers on it and i am having issues finding what i need. I have ran cpu-z to find out all the information about her computer. It's an IBM intel p4 with windows xp pro on it. i can gather whatever other information is needed to assist me in finding the drivers i am just unsure exactly what i need to provide so if u ask me i shall be able to provide. Thank you

i went into the device manager and under my ethernet driver this is what it says:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1039&SUBSYS_02671014&REV_81\4&25296D99&0&4OFO

easiest thing is to google any numbers you can find on your motherboard, this will identify the make and model and will (well should unless its an obscure cheap make) provide a link to the drivers on the makers website.

Once you find the drivers remember to back them up to a dvd or a CD and label them up.

i know i have an ibm intel p4 and i need the intel 82801DB driver for the ethernet but i just cant seem to find it even from ibm....i am not very good at this and i am going from memory of doing this back in february and yes they will be backed up on a cd this time as i have learned my lesson from this

i ran cpu-z for all the information about the computer and i read last night that for some reason it gives the diagnostic program false information sometimes but i ended up finding my ethernet and audio driver....now i just need the pci communications and my video driver....i have the disc's for everything else that is missing.....except my monitor that seems to want to display at a much larger size then my monitor actually is.....i can only run at a screen resolution of 640x480 and my monitor says it needs to run at 1024x768....i cant figure out how to change that....i have gone into settings and tried to change it and it will not allow me....went into troubleshooting for xp and followed instructions and i get as far as checking the driver for it and there is no driver and i cant find a driver to install for dell 17" colour monitor model E772P......

well i have managed to fix my screen issue with help from everest...i now have all my drivers except the pci communications which i am in the process of getting from the web right now.....so all im all....im done....didnt need much help after all...but thanks for being here just in case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back