Need FN key drivers for Sony Vaio FZ140E running XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

morland

I need to use use my laptop with a beamer/projector and turns out that the function key (F7) does not work since I am running XP. I need a solution desperately and can some please help me get just the right drivers/software/whatever is needed to that I can use the function keys (especially the one for F7 i.e. for external monitor/beamer/projector).

Many many billion thanks in advance.

Hi

You have to press the FN key and F7 to access the function you want.....try reading the manual for your laptop to find out what all the other keys do that have small coloured writing on them.

Pressing the FN key and the F7 does not work and that's why i ended up making this post. All I know is that the problem is becuase the laptop came with Vista (which I did not like) and now have XP running on my Laptop.

Hi

well they should work, mine do , both in vista and XP, im assuming that the item connected is via the correct lead, try going into display properties and using the settings tab see if you can extend the desktop onto the 2nd device

I have tried your suggestion regarding going into display properties.... extending the desktop onto the 2nd device but was unable to get the projector to display anything. Maybe you installed some XP drivers to make the function keys work??? If yes, then can you kindly share the drivers with me? I can PM my email address.

BTW, are you currently running XP on your SONY VAIO VGN-FZ140E? If yes, are all your function keys working i.e.

F2 - for muting the sound
F5 - to decrease brightness
F6 - to increase brightness
F7 - for external monitor/projector
F10 - For zoom
F12 - To go into

I will be extremely grateful for your reply.

Hi

right i have an inspiron 1300 i used the FN key and the F8 to switch between the internal screen and an external monitor, i can also use display properties as well, the FN key and the Up arrow change brightness etc etc

I have never needed to load drivers for these keys,

The Acer mini book i have also works fine with XP and again all the FN keys work without any additional drivers.

I can only assume that your projector isnt supported by the system and isnt seen as a second monitor.

Try contacting Sony to see if its a supported device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back