Aug 16, 2008
  1. Specs:
    Alienware Aurora 7500-R4
    AMD athlon
    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2410 Mhz

I've had a continuous pop-up from Norton that my comp has a trojan: Infostealer gampass. When I clean/delete/exterminate these viruses, they seem to disappear; only to have Norton tell me they're still there next time I log on to my comp.

I followed the guidelines per Symantec's removal rules but after a full system scan, it still states I have the same trojan on my comp.

I've followed the preliminary removal instructions and have attached the logs. Help please!

Many thanks in advance.
  2. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx TS Rookie Posts: 1,069

• Please go to FREE on-line scan service
    • Copy and paste the following file path into the "Suspicious files to scan"box on the top of the page:
      • C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI (RC3)\psi.exe
    • Click on the Upload button
    • Once the Scan is completed, click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button. This will copy the link of the report into the Clipboard.
    • Paste the contents of the Clipboard in your next reply.
  3. chipmunkalvin

chipmunkalvin TS Rookie Topic Starter

It just freezes on me every time I've tried to run this. I thought Secunia was pretty legit, what happened?

4. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx TS Rookie Posts: 1,069

Well llet me put it this way I have not heard of that app so I wanted to make sure if it was legit Did you install it. Also do you know what it is for
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.