Need help on a new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik11105

Hello dear techspot users,
i live in england and i am looking into building my own gaming pc i have a budget of about 1400 pounds. I have been reaserching for a while now and these are the parts that i would like to use

Case: Antec 1200
Mobo: Asus Maximus III Formula
Processer: Intel Core i5-661
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8
Graphics Card: Ati Radeon HD 5770 in CrossfireX
PSU: Corsair HX 850w
RAM: OCZ MEMORY 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHZ
DVD-ROMs: LITEON BD-ROM BLU-RAY & SONY DVD-ROM

so this is what i want and if any one has any suggestions it would be much appriciated.

Cheirrio old chaps
Nik11105

well everything looks ok beside getting windows 7 32 bit. get 64 bit because you have 4 gigs of ram. also what about a hard drive

yes it is worth getting, im using win 7 64bit right now with 4 gigs of ram, when i was using vista 32bit i could only use 2.5 gigs of ram

I would say that you should get the Core i5 750 instead of the 661. Also, CPU coolers like the Xigmatek HDT S1283 or Prolimatech Meghalem might be a better buy.

but don't what the Core i5 750 because im not going to overclock and i want a proseccer that has a high Ghz at stock

is hyper threading always enabled on the core i5 750 and if its not could anyone tell me how to turn it on?? also where i come from the asus maximus is a cheaper board

That CPU doesn't come with Hyper-threading enabled. However, in general use/gaming/encoding etc. you will be very satisfied with performance of this processor.

I dont think so you can do it with that CPU. However, if you really want to have a CPU with HT (and have some spare money) think about getting a i7 860, I think as the prices settles and start to come down, it will be the best processor for your buck in coming months; relegating i5 750 to lower segment.

Frankly, its much cheaper already (at 280$, after rebate) in my view, when I compare it to the fact that I bought Core 2 E6600 for 320$.

i750 is still a better buy imo.

Hope your not getting ripped off, asus maximus formula 3 is about twice as expensive.

It is a good buy kitty, I won't be contesting that; but if I decide to upgrade my rig today, that is not what I will look to buy frankly, but that is just me.

I do believe nik will be very happy & satisfied with i5 750's value/performance

thank you for your replys also does the 750 have turbo boost and is it easy to overclock
(and if any one would be kind enough to put a link up for overclocking it would be appriciated)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

Very correct; but more on the technical and marketing side of the i5 750; the sole purpose of this processor is destroy the appeal of LGA775 processors; which it does extremely effectively (along with the destruction of opposite offerings) at very affordable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back