Need help troubleshooting boot logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system has win2K installed on a scsi drive. I have a secondary IDE drive which I use for data. I was planning to upgrade the IDE drive so I pulled it out. After which my Win2K would not boot all the way. The windows boot screen comes on and the progress bar gets through about 75% of the way but then it just sits there and does nothing. When I shut down, plug the IDE drive back in and boot up the system boots all the way again. Ok, so I booted with "Enable Boot Logging" option enabled for when the system has the IDE drive attached and when it doesn't. The list is rather lengthy so I am attaching the logs as two files "ntbtlog boot ok.txt" and "ntbtlog no good.txt".

When the system doesn't boot all the way, it stops after it loads Cdfs.sys but before ntoskrnl.exe
Also, note that the order of some of the loaded files is different. For example, right at the beginning the no good log loads Kmixer.sys twice.

I don't really know what to do at this point. Is there a way to control the order in which the .sys files load? How should I proceed to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

- Marek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back