Need help upgrading VGA card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble

Hi i used to have an Xp but then i got vista home premium. thats when i discovered that my video card sucked soo that is why my computer was running slow.
I then got an ATI Radeon Hd 2600 Pro AGP, sooooo now i have this Multimedia Video Controller problem. it doesnt say anything about it, it doesnt give me any sort of detail about it. All i know is that if i disable it, my video card stops working.

Sooooo can anyone help me please.

i tried updating it, and when it would stops searching for updates. It would say that there are none.

that is the normal windows answer, go to the ATI site and search for the latest drivers for that card.

Is yours here ?

It seem to me it is with no searching needed.
:grinthumb

Attachments

• Heres the list.jpg
    Heres the list.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 8
then got an ATI Radeon Hd 2600 Pro AGP

bubble said:
ok but how do i know which one of those updates i need to install?

Thanks for the help guys.

How helpless are you ? Click the following,:rolleyes:
ATI Radeon Hd 2600 Pro AGP
Isn't that yours ?

What specific subvendor is it (Sapphire, Diamond, Asus, Etc.). Take a look at your card and see what it says on the fan. Then I can go to the vendor site and find the exact driver.

haha yea i know iv been trying to read up on how computers work and all, but im still not understanding anything.

Ok it says Radeon HD 2600 Pro on top, on the top right corner it says 8xAGP, and below all of that is just says VisionTek.

Press the "PrintScreen" button, it may also say "PrntScrn". Then go into paint and go to "Edit">"Paste", save it as something and go to techspot.com and upload it in Gallery. Give me a link when you do.

Prt Scr

Obi-Wan Jerkobi said:
Press the "PrintScreen" button, it may also say "PrntScrn". Then go into paint and go to "Edit">"Paste", save it as something and go to techspot.com and upload it in Gallery. Give me a link when you do.
A whole screen might not be allowed as an attachment.You have to copy
the part in ? .
Not your whole desktop.

wait wait im soo confused right now.

Does that screen shot work?
If so do i overwrite and extract. or do i confirm before overwriting, ooor do i just skip everything and dont extract?

Then change the extraction folder to My Documents, if you extract it to a temp folder, it will be almost impossible to find.

Once you've changed it to My Documents "or documents since you are on vista", extract it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back