need infos. pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivolavavo

Howard this is the story:

3 days ago, my Computer was reformatted. Because it does not start up. it will boot but the suddenly a black screen with text like this (not on exact words, but sounds like this) "Windows could not start due windows/system32/c_ . . . . . is missing or corrupted" (i was not able to write down the exact file). my friendw told me to reformat my pc. i agree.

Problem:
1) Whats the reason behind that?
2) Where did i get that?
3) How can i prevent it not to happen again?

also a friend told me about those "hidden files" that can be included on download-songs. is there any connection about the "hidden files" regarding this matter?

My anti-virus is SYMANTEC. is it a good anti-virus? pls Give me tips on securing my PC's safety..

big big thanks. More POWER!

vivolavavo said:
1) Whats the reason behind that?
several reasons... virus, hd sector failure due to high current, messing around with system files, some uninstallation gone wrong.

vivolavavo said:
2) Where did i get that?
how should we know what you do with your computer?

vivolavavo said:
also a friend told me about those "hidden files" that can be included on download-songs. is there any connection about the "hidden files" regarding this matter?
wat did this mean?
vivolavavo said:
My anti-virus is SYMANTEC. is it a good anti-virus?
symantec is a good corporate anti-virus. but i prefer kaspersky or nod32.

about the limewire.

tnx for the reply! thats a lot of infos :) :)

niwei, i have a question.. songs that are downloaded from limewire do they contain virus or something dangerous to my computer..?

if you download known formats of songs [like .mp3, .wma], then you wont catch any virus but if you download games or programs from limewire, then they may be contain virus.
some music videos [especially *.wmp] have scripts in them and these may run certain scripts such as downloading some executable and running them without your awareness.
it's better if you dont download any *.com or *.exe or even *.zip as they may have undetectable versions of viruses or trojans.
remember that you're downloading something from someone else's computer and you dont know the integrity of that bum.
i'll say: limewire is as safe as you make use of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back