Need new graphic card, can my motherboard handle it?

Noroma

I'm what you could call a ****ing retard, when it comes to computers. My graphic card died here after alot of months where the fan made loud noices, and I kept getting wierd patterns and lines, random numbers when it boots, and it could pretty much not work for a whole day. It got much worse the last couple of days, I got 2 blue screens, with out even getting an answer to why it came. It would start, then shut down after a couple of seconds, then start again without me doing anything, and repeat. I decided to take out the graphic card to see if it would still happen if I ran my computer with my motherboards graphic card, and as I expected, it worked out fine, haven't gotten anything the last couple of days. The problem is that I got this comp a while back, and I want to know what graphic cards it can run okay with. Me and my family almost has no money, and when I so no money, I mean it. But I have saved some money, and I spend so much time on the pc, so why not use the money on something I would enjoy, like a new mfing graphic card.

My motherboard is Intel pentium e5400.

My old graphic card was the Geforce GT 220.

You probably need more information, but really don't know what to say, tell me if you need more information!

My real question is basically, what graphic card, in the money range of 100 dollars, can my computer use?

REs is 1680x1050

My motherboard is Intel pentium e5400.

Thats the processor mate :)

A little small tip that cpu is really bad enough to bottleneck most of the cards that are commonly out for gaming if you dont intend to overclock that cpu I doubt it is actually a fair trade to actualy keep upgrading that system now thats just my thought some1 else should fill in on what I just said

Pentium(R) Dual-core CPU e5400 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz

So you're suggesting me to not get anything, or should I get like the same card?

Pentium(R) Dual-core CPU e5400 @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz

as if said again that is the cpu

And im not trying to tell u to not upgrade anything but im asking u to rethink this option before u might actualy do something that u will regret before u do

to be honest im not the best to answer this tho I know that someone else can clear this out for u But il help u in a better way

Download Cpu-Z and go on the motherboard section And post the picture on the forums

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

link for the program on techspot page

General
CPU- LGA 775 for Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme / Core™ 2 Quad / Core™ 2 Duo / Pentium® Dual Core / Celeron® Dual Core / Celeron, supporting Penryn Quad Core Yorkfield and Dual Core Wolfdale processors
- Supports FSB1333/1066/800/533 MHz
- Supports Hyper-Threading Technology
- Supports Untied Overclocking Technology
- Supports EM64T CPU
Chipset- Northbridge: Intel® G41
- Southbridge: Intel® ICH7
Memory- Dual Channel DDR3 memory technology
- 2 x DDR3 DIMM slots
- Supports DDR3 1333(OC)/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity of system memory: 8GB*

*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
BIOS- 8Mb AMI Legal BIOS
- Supports "Plug and Play"
- ACPI 1.1 Compliance Wake Up Events
- SMBIOS 2.3.1 Support
- CPU, VCCM, NB, SB,VTT Voltage Multi-adjustment
- Supports Smart BIOS
Audio, Video and Networking
Graphics- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500
- Pixel Shader 4.0, DirectX 10
- Max. shared memory 1759MB*
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 2048x1536 @ 60Hz

*The shared memory size is dynamically controlled by VGA driver, and the Max. shared memory size will be available only when more than 4GB memory is installed under 64-bit OS.
Audio- 5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec)
LAN- Realtek PCIEx1 LAN 8103EL / 8102EL
- Speed: 10/100 Ethernet
- Supports Wake-On-LAN
- Supports PXE
Expansion / Connectivity
Slots- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
- 2 x PCI slots
Connector- 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors (No support for RAID and "Hot Plug" functions)
- 1 x ATA100 IDE connector (supports 2 x IDE devices)
- 1 x Floppy connector
- 1 x Print port header
- CPU/Chassis FAN connector
- 24 pin ATX power connector
- 4 pin 12V power connector
- Front panel audio connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 headers (support 4 USB 2.0 ports)
Rear Panel I/OI/O Panel
- 1 x PS/2 Mouse Port
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard Port
- 1 x Serial Port: COM1
- 1 x VGA Port
- 4 x Ready-to-Use USB 2.0 Ports
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- HD Audio Jack: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Other Features / Miscellaneous
Unique Feature- ASRock OC Tuner
- Intelligent Energy Saver
- Instant Boot
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock OC DNA
- Hybrid Booster:
- CPU Frequency Stepless Control
- ASRock U-COP
- Boot Failure Guard (B.F.G.)
Support CD- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), ASRock Software Suite (CyberLink DVD Suite - OEM and Trial; Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB - Trial)
Accessories- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield
- 2 x SATA Data Cables
Hardware Monitor- CPU Temperature Sensing
- Chassis Temperature Sensing
- CPU Fan Tachometer
- Chassis Fan Tachometer
- CPU Quiet Fan
- Voltage Monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore
Form Factor- Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6-in x 7.6-in, 24.4 cm x 19.3 cm
OS- Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant
Certifications- FCC, CE
- EuP Ready (EuP ready power supply is required)

Slots- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
- 2 x PCI slots

Means that u can upgrade to a newer version of graphics cards but as I said before the cpu mite still be holding u back but if u manage to overclock u will have no problem at all

Hybrid Booster:
- CPU Frequency Stepless Control

u should be using this to get overclocking ur pc but if u have no cooler u wont manage to get alot out of it

If anyone can help him ive shown my idea but there might be more to it but if u manage to actualy overclock the cpu to a Decent frequency id advice u to go for a Radeon 7750 or 7770

Thank you for everything, one last thing... Can I overclock it myself, I mean like right now, or do I need to buy things? :D

The motherboard is equipped alone to overclock itself but u should go in the overclock section show them ur cpu and motherboard and ask for help because without a cooler or if u have a cooler being new to overclocking might be a pain for u to understand

I'm what you could call a ****ing retard, when it comes to computers. My graphic card died here after alot of months where the fan made loud noices, and I kept getting wierd patterns and lines, random numbers when it boots, and it could pretty much not work for a whole day. It got much worse the last couple of days, I got 2 blue screens, with out even getting an answer to why it came. It would start, then shut down after a couple of seconds, then start again without me doing anything, and repeat.

Side note... if you want to, in future when the graphics card starts doing that (loud noises and the weird patterns and lines), usually I find that the fan bearing is seizing or clogged and this can be fixed.

1) Shut down your computer.

2) Remove the graphics card from your computer and remove the fan from the GPU. Usually the fans are attacked to the heatsink with a few very small screws and is a serviceable part so should be pretty easy to detach.

3) On the back is usually a sticker that covers the fan bearing - peel it back gently to reveal the fan bearing.

3) The bearing can be re-lubricated. I've got some bike chain lubricant that seems to do well for this. WD-40 is not appropriate for this... there will be plenty of this sort of thing at hardware stores. Apply a couple of drops, give the fan a spin for a bit to help the lubricant seep in.

4) Replace the sticker and re-attach the fan to the GFX card.

5) Re-install graphics card back in computer.

The fan should run a lot quieter and faster and this "service" should last at least a year.

Back