Need some opinions. Just for fun

circusboy01

This has to do with Oldies but Goodies music.So, many of you younger ones might not know who I'm talking about. I sure hope somebody does though. I'd hate to think that I'm the oldest person on TechSpot

If any of you have some old Gene Pitney songs, and the song Black is Black by Los Bravos. Play a few of the Gene Pitney songs. Then play Black is Black. Do you think that's Gene Pitney, or just somebody that sound like him? If that is him I wonder why he didn't sing the song under his own name. It fits his style.
Just wondering. Just for fun CB

Well they certainly have the very same "Ring-a-ding" to their respective voices.

Although in 'Black is Black' - the basic vowels sound much more different somehow. I wouldn't say it's not Gene Pitney because they do somehow sound very much alike. But still, the voice itself seems a bit off. Tricky.

My money is on that its not actually Mr. Pitney in Los Bravos. Let's see how close I'll get! ;)

It ain't him

This has to do with Oldies but Goodies music.So, many of you younger ones might not know who I'm talking about. I sure hope somebody does though. I'd hate to think that I'm the oldest person on TechSpot

If any of you have some old Gene Pitney songs, and the song Black is Black by Los Bravos. Play a few of the Gene Pitney songs. Then play Black is Black. Do you think that's Gene Pitney, or just somebody that sound like him? If that is him I wonder why he didn't sing the song under his own name. It fits his style.
Just wondering. Just for fun CB

Just watched a video on you tube of Los Bravos doing Black is Black..It ain't Gene Pltney. It's some skinny dorky looking blond guy.So I guess there's no reason to keep this thread open

Back