TechSpot

Need some troubleshooting assistance

By Trillionsin
Apr 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I'm trying to figure out a problem with a couple computers here at work... posting here for any quick assistance as I believe this may be related to the recent windows updates, possibly not.

Computer spontaneously reboots, no BSOD.

Save dumps in even logs.

Source: Save Dump
    Event ID: 1001
    Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x2d504469, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xf7123e11). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042111-01.dmp.

This tends to happen randomly a couple times a day.

Also, before the random shutdowns there are many DCOM Errors. Not sure if this is related? Here is description:

Source: DCOM
    Event ID 10016
    Description:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {***}
    to the user (USER) SID (****). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

SIDs are stared out purposely, and well as user name changed.

I will be heading torwards EventID next, and possibly Experts Exchange, I will post with any successful results.

2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,095   +43

Whats my best method of attaching a file? I do not see any options here....

This may not be from the recent updates... I have some bumps from April 1st, these came out soon after that, I believe.

I will post up the dumps once I figure out how...

3. Trillionsin

4. Trillionsin

I know this one is difficult.. but any ideas anyone?

5. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,271

OK, lets start with the BSOD. The D1 error code is normally a driver or faulty RAM.

Follow this guide to attach the minidump.

6. Trillionsin

Could it be a bad capacitor?

Oh, I see.. that's where the option is... didnt click "go advance" sorry. I will post it when I get back to work... monday.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.