Need some troubleshooting assistance

Trillionsin

I'm trying to figure out a problem with a couple computers here at work... posting here for any quick assistance as I believe this may be related to the recent windows updates, possibly not.

Computer spontaneously reboots, no BSOD.

Save dumps in even logs.

Source: Save Dump
Event ID: 1001
Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x2d504469, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xf7123e11). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042111-01.dmp.

This tends to happen randomly a couple times a day.

Also, before the random shutdowns there are many DCOM Errors. Not sure if this is related? Here is description:

Source: DCOM
Event ID 10016
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{***}
to the user (USER) SID (****). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

SIDs are stared out purposely, and well as user name changed.

I will be heading torwards EventID next, and possibly Experts Exchange, I will post with any successful results.

Whats my best method of attaching a file? I do not see any options here....

This may not be from the recent updates... I have some bumps from April 1st, these came out soon after that, I believe.

I will post up the dumps once I figure out how...

OK, lets start with the BSOD. The D1 error code is normally a driver or faulty RAM.

Follow this guide to attach the minidump.

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it. Normally found in C:\Windows\minidump

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

OK, lets start with the BSOD. The D1 error code is normally a driver or faulty RAM.

Follow this guide to attach the minidump.

Could it be a bad capacitor?

Oh, I see.. that's where the option is... didnt click "go advance" sorry. I will post it when I get back to work... monday.

Back