Neowin: HTC Radar smartphone review

Neowin

The second wave of Windows Phones for the Western world, preloaded with WP7.5 Mango, are being launched right now. We go hands-on with HTC's newest Windows Phone device: the HTC Radar.

It has been a while since I have properly used a Windows phone, as I mainly use Android now. I first used the OS on the HTC 7 Mozart, and back with the original WP7 it wasn’t that good: I found it to be missing critical features, the Mozart itself crashed frequently and the camera was really bad. Needless to say my initial impression was pretty poor.

neowin review htc radar neowin review wp7 htc mobile radar

Today Neowin is reviewing the HTC Radar, kindly provided by MobiCity, which is the second generation of Windows Phones with upgraded specs, Mango preloaded and with it a whole lot of extra features. I was expecting to think poorly still of another HTC/Microsoft combination, but instead everything I originally thought about the OS and its devices was thrown out the window in a refreshing and surprising way.

Read the rest of the review.
- This article is brought to you in partnership with Neowin.

Permalink to story.

Poor specs for late 2011, everything screams Apple from the white case to the non-removable battery, this is the real patent infringement!!!

I like this a lot, but I think I'll get either the Focus S or the Focus Flash when they come out.

mosu said:
Poor specs for late 2011, everything screams Apple from the white case to the non-removable battery, this is the real patent infringement!!!
very poor specs IMO, but from what people keep telling me Win7 it can run pretty well on low specs, so guess its all relative. I think i will wait till the new Samsung version comes out and see what they can come up with

Back