Neowin: Motorola Moto 360 review

By Neowin
Oct 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Moto 360 is by far the classiest wearable out right now. Although looks are always a matter of opinion, I think that this smart watch generates a certain intrigue by the wearer when viewed by onlookers. The Moto 360 is stylish,...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,329   +1,930

Yeah. I don't see myself rushing out to buy one yet. I'll wait a few more years then maybe they'll be a bit more viable.
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah the OS needs to improve and the battery life needs to last for at least a week IMO to be a real contender.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,329   +1,930

And apart from that, if manufacturers want us to take them seriously they'll need to offer a lot more functionality rather than just being an expensive, limited extension of your phone. Until that happens they'll quietly be forgotten.
    Maybe they're before their time, I just don't know but what I do know is that I'm not at all convinced by any smartwear devices right now, let's wait and see how Google Goggles turn out. I think they may become moderately successful in certain segments such as surgery but I don't hold out much hope for them for the mainstream either.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  5. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 135   +50

I like that in the conclusions box at the end of the review it has:

+ point: battery life
    - point: battery life.

I'm so confused.
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah definitely. It isn't that hard to get your phone of your pocket to check time after all xD.