TechSpot

Netflix ties Comcast for subscribers, downplays cord cutting

By Matthew
Apr 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Netflix released its first quarter results today with a profit of $60 million on revenue of $719 million, up 88% and 46% on-year. The video streaming service added 3.6 million global subscribers (US and Canada) between January and March, pushing the company's total subscription count to 23.6 million. Some 22.8 million of those accounts are in the US, which is the same number that Comcast recently reported.

Read the whole story

2. taea00

taea00 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

I've been without cable for a year due to Netflix. Netflix could charge double what they are now and I'd still pay for it over Cable. I'm excited over all the streaming competition too. Competition breeds innovation! I'm thinking about getting the Amazon Prime for both the streaming and the reduced shipping. Has anyone tried Amazon Prime or Hulu Plus? You could get all 3 and still be half of what cable is.

3. But where's the Android love..

The Netflix.apk leak installs but Netflix stops the streaming.

4. Netflix is pretty lame I think...Their movie content is so old. I can get fresher stuff off the net for free. Sometime in the future they maybe better but for now I'll save myself $9 a month :)

5. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TS Enthusiast Posts: 326   +18

Netflix is the bomb. I love being able to watch the movies and TV shows whenever I want. When they get the newer movies uploaded faster in the future, they will take over the industry.

6. Saintnsinner

Saintnsinner TS Rookie Posts: 56   +11

I fired Comcast three months ago. Netflix has taken up the slack nicely, and Huluplus has kept me up to date with new shows like House and Tosh.0. As far as Hollywood is concerned most new movies are crap anyways. But the few good movies get mailed to my house by Netflix. I'm saving about 80 bucks a month over Comcrap.

7. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

NetFlix has no commercials .. wahooooo

Comcast Loaded with commercials paid programming, yuck yuck, that's why I kicked them to the curb, and FIRED them... take that Comcast you GREEDY people..... .

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.