TechSpot

Netgear WGT624 v2 router problem

By Mike0100
Dec 26, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Just bought a netgear 108 Mbps wireless firewall router and have had a major problem with it. The router is hooked up to my downstairs computer and the pci card is in my desktop in my room. The problem is when i installed the pci adapter in the desktop upstairs it immediatly froze the computer making it impossible to use it. when i first turn on my computer you can move the mouse slowly and the mouse freezes for a second and then stops, i was able to open the software menu on the desktop it shows that it is getting a good connection. I just cant work with the computer because it freezes up on me when i turn it on .When i took out The pci card the computer diddnt freeze when i started it, and it worked fine . There is only a problem when the pci adapter is in . If anyone knows anyway i can fix this problem please let me know , or if you have any suggestions.. Thanks mike

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Try another pci-slot (NOT the one next to the AGP-card). If it keeps freezing, go and exchange it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.