New AT&T features coming to an iPhone near you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

A rumor is floating around that Apple and AT&T may be gearing up to bring new carrier-specific features to iPhone users in an attempt to boost customer satisfaction levels. The new functions would be delivered through a software update, and are being outlined by sources claiming knowledge of the matter.

According to those in the know, the companies may enable the two new capabilities before the year is up. One of the proposed functions would allow iPhone users to customize a push notification in the form of a badge, message, or sound, which would alert them when they're in danger of exceeding their monthly anytime minutes.

The second setting would bring new voicemail options that allow users to disable the custom Voicemail greeting, as well as AT&T's standard Voicemail introduction heard by others. It would also allow users to bypass Voicemail greetings, AT&T's standard introduction, and other automated instructions when calling other AT&T customers.

Permalink to story.

At&t sucks. I'm always dropping my calls on 3g. I'm moving to android as soon as there are more options besides tmobile.

AT&T is terrible.

I would get an IPhone, sure.

If Verizon picks up the rights to it. =)

Regarding this update; it is going in the right direction. "Keep going" I say to ATT, and "Do follow" I say to the other carriers. That recorded women's voice drives me crazy, it takes (in people time) almost 2 minutes to tell you to wait for the beep and gives you totally (I dear say) useless options. In addition it is insane to have that and the person you are calling already has a greeting setup. You could wait like 5 minutes before you can leave your message.
RANT - Same Issues Different Networks:
All the companies have the same issues; they ALL have their hangups (no pun intended but I'll gladly take the credit). I know becasue all my friends have been complaining about the same issues for years, and we all have had different carriers. They all use practically the same technology. If anything is to defferenciate, it would be whether your phone is crappy at connecting to the network, and that my friends will vary by phone. I'd have to say from only having mine for a few months that the iPhone connection is excellent. I only had one dropped
call and that is because I tried to complete a call with less than a 2% battery charge. You can only push harware so far ;)

Those are features?! It seems like a lazy bit of under sight to not include these up front. These should be a standard function of business, and not something that customers wait for years after a phone is released.
I'd like to see 3G that works, and an affordable package plan for families. We make so many mobile-to-mobile, and unlimited text messages that our 700 min/month plan has 3000+ minutes in reserve. I really want access to internet while on the road. I'd gladly convert some rolled over minutes into data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back