New computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoodEvening everyone

I cant seam to get my new build to boot. Lets see if anyone can help

My new setup is made for Cad based programs for work and not for gaming to dont make fun. My specs are as follows:

XFX G Force 8200 motherboard
OCZ SLI 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 (2Gb x 2 )
XFX Ge Force 9600 GSO Fatal1ty Edition Video Card (not installed) plug into on board graphics
Cool master extreme 600 watt power supply
AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad Core Processor
ultra defender Mid tower case
Hitachi 500 gb serial ata HD

When i press the power button amy screen just spears black and i see nothing- the screen works ive been using it on my existing computer for a couple months, everything is connected right- im very stuck- please help

CAD and Games are very similar in the way they deal with processing some of that information

What happens when you attempt to boot in <SAFE MODE>?

Methinks you are missing something so fundamental that you overlooked it. Something is unplugged, or plugged into the wrong socket or backwards.

Go back to Power Supply, CPU, HeatSink, and one memory module. Test with a simple install of a small SATA disk.. or rig up a floppy drive with DOS or Windows 95 or Windows 98, or a USB drive...
No Good?
Then switch memory modules, and try again. Keep everything as simple as possible, then change one thing at a time and retest.

Thanks for the fast reply

I dont get any screens or any options to run in safe mode, just a simple black screen?
ive spent hours going over everything and making sure its in the correct location. hmmmm suggestions ?

hey. Not really a solution, but it might help. it sounds like i have the same problem as you. I'm trying to upgrade my processor. whenever i put the new one in all it does is go into some power save mode with the screen just black. I can enter bios or anything. Everying i've read says i need to upgrade my bios motherboard cause the new cpu i have should technically work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back